Apple announcement poll ends, iLounge coverage poll begins
With over 1,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “How should Apple announce big products now that it’s ditching Macworld Expo?” has ended. Voters were given choices including continuing with small press events and the developer-focused WWDC, offering small press events with live broadcasts to Apple retail stores, hosting simultaneous events at Apple retail stores with product specialists to announce and explain new products, return to offering live video streams of press events that can be watched anywhere, exhibiting at non-Macworld trade shows, and a “who cares” option.
More than one-third of all voters (36%) said they’d like to see Apple go back to offering live video streams of press events that can be watched virtually anywhere there’s an internet connection, while more than a quarter of voters (26%) said it should continue its current strategy of hosting small press events, along with the developer-heavy WWDC. Somewhat surprisingly, 19% of readers said they didn’t care about Apple special events, followed by 9% that suggested the company offer small press events with live broadcasts to Apple retail stores. 7% said Apple should hold simultaneous events at Apple retail stores, sending product specialists to announce and explain new products, while only 3% said the company should exhibit at non-Macworld trade shows. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the future of iLounge’s accessory coverage. We want to know whether you’d like us to bother to cover obviously junky accessories, sent for review by question-mark companies, or focus all of our attention on the good stuff. Our latest poll, “Should iLounge bother to cover junky, half-baked accessories, like this one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the poll in the left column of our front page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Apple releases iOS 10 beta 7 to developers
- Report: iPhone 7 to gain optical image stabilization
- Frank Ocean releases new visual album ‘Endless’ on Apple Music
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app