Apple announcement poll ends, iLounge coverage poll begins
With over 1,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “How should Apple announce big products now that it’s ditching Macworld Expo?” has ended. Voters were given choices including continuing with small press events and the developer-focused WWDC, offering small press events with live broadcasts to Apple retail stores, hosting simultaneous events at Apple retail stores with product specialists to announce and explain new products, return to offering live video streams of press events that can be watched anywhere, exhibiting at non-Macworld trade shows, and a “who cares” option.
More than one-third of all voters (36%) said they’d like to see Apple go back to offering live video streams of press events that can be watched virtually anywhere there’s an internet connection, while more than a quarter of voters (26%) said it should continue its current strategy of hosting small press events, along with the developer-heavy WWDC. Somewhat surprisingly, 19% of readers said they didn’t care about Apple special events, followed by 9% that suggested the company offer small press events with live broadcasts to Apple retail stores. 7% said Apple should hold simultaneous events at Apple retail stores, sending product specialists to announce and explain new products, while only 3% said the company should exhibit at non-Macworld trade shows. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the future of iLounge’s accessory coverage. We want to know whether you’d like us to bother to cover obviously junky accessories, sent for review by question-mark companies, or focus all of our attention on the good stuff. Our latest poll, “Should iLounge bother to cover junky, half-baked accessories, like this one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the poll in the left column of our front page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?