Apple announcements tomorrow 6:00EST/3:00PST | iLounge News

Apple announcements tomorrow 6:00EST/3:00PST

“Apple, the US computer maker, is expected to launch its popular internet music store in Europe tomorrow, in an attempt to build on the company’s considerable success in the US online music market. [...]

One person in the industry said Steve Jobs, Apple’s chief executive, was expected to be on hand to announce Apple’s music store would immediately be available to consumers in the UK, Germany and France. Mr Jobs was also expected to announce plans to eventually roll out the service to other European countries.”

Apple’s press event will take place at approximately 11:00AM local time in London, England (6:00AM Eastern Standard Time and 3:00AM Pacific Standard Time, United States). Additional announcements regarding new iTunes and iPod pricing, availability, and accessories may be included in the presentation. Join iLounge tomorrow morning for full coverage of the event.

« Shure E3 Earphones for $135

Indie labels a no-show for iTunes Europe launch? »

Comments

Can anyone get online yet? I’m just getting that country warning screen

Posted by Dr Pod on June 15, 2004 at 4:56 AM (CDT)

I’m now not getting the country warning screen, and down at the bottom there’s the option to select UK.

It started to load, but then I got an error message - perhaps too many people trying to log on? :)

Posted by Readie on June 15, 2004 at 4:57 AM (CDT)

Store is live…..

Posted by BTG on June 15, 2004 at 4:58 AM (CDT)

Just got through but when I tried to validate my details I still got taken to the US page. Will keep trying!

Posted by Dr Pod on June 15, 2004 at 4:59 AM (CDT)

Quickly everyone, to the music store!
last one in’s a rotten egg

Posted by plywooduk in England on June 15, 2004 at 5:00 AM (CDT)

I’m now able to get through and enter UK billing address. Woo hoo!

Posted by Readie on June 15, 2004 at 5:01 AM (CDT)

DR Pod. When you go to the US page, scroll to the bottom, and there is a pulldown menu to choose the different country’s stores

Posted by Nathan on June 15, 2004 at 5:02 AM (CDT)

Have an account. My life is complete. (How sad am I?)

Posted by Readie on June 15, 2004 at 5:03 AM (CDT)

well it let me into the music store… and at the bottom it had choose store: USA/UK/France/Germany.. so i guess we’ve got it, and 79p a song isnt too bad, it costs

Posted by blythy on June 15, 2004 at 5:05 AM (CDT)

Apparently Steve mentioned something about being able to play iPod in cars, I am wondering if only certain brands (BMW) will be supported. Any info?

Posted by DG on June 15, 2004 at 5:10 AM (CDT)

Wow it fucking sucks, its missing so many songs I planned on downloading, screw you record companies I’m gonna steal even more music now and its your own damn fault too. What a gip.

Posted by Tom on June 15, 2004 at 5:12 AM (CDT)

it wont process my card!!!!!

Posted by Burge on June 15, 2004 at 5:12 AM (CDT)

Is it just me, or are there very few tracks avaliable on the Apple Store in the UK?  Will more be coming later today?

Posted by Adz on June 15, 2004 at 5:16 AM (CDT)

Won’t process my card either. Am getting an error saying the card info was declined, but it is definitely all correct and works fine with other online transactions.
They must be getting overloaded with requests.

Posted by osd on June 15, 2004 at 5:17 AM (CDT)

So let me get this right…its available in France, the UK and Germany right now, and Australia as well as the rest of Europe in October? Or just the rest of europe?

Posted by Nuke666 in Melbourne, Austalia on June 15, 2004 at 5:29 AM (CDT)

Thanks for the tip Nathan. Got logged on. There are lots of gaps in the content though! Maybe it’ll get better. Bit disappointed to be honest. Also the audiobooks are way cheaper on the US audible.com site.

Posted by Dr Pod on June 15, 2004 at 5:29 AM (CDT)

I checked the German store, lots of german language music. Very impressive !!!

Registration was no problem, credit card was accepted straight away.

Posted by DG on June 15, 2004 at 5:36 AM (CDT)

Apple deffinitely hates canadians, at least Jobbs does. We are the last one on their list for everything, everything, fuckin japan and europe gets things before us and we are just up north, not an ocean appart. They even fired their sales representative here, all in all I’m fed up with Apple. I’ll probably get an iPod one day in my life but no macs anymore, I already have 2000$ down for an alienware system, at least THEY care about us. I’ve been a mac user for many years now (7 years) and as soon as I have enough cash down it’s up to alienware I go. If I’d be living in France or Japan or even the US (which will never happens) I might consider an Apple product again because they care about those markets, but I’m a canadian and Jobbs hates me and my fellow…

Posted by fed up canadian on June 21, 2004 at 5:38 PM (CDT)

I wana see a release date for the iPod Mini in canada.! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!
Please provide the website where you got the release date too.

Posted by Brad on July 6, 2004 at 3:11 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3