Apple announces Apple Design Awards winners
Apple has announced the winners of its 2008 Apple Design Awards at a ceremony held during the Worldwide Developers Conference. The awards recognize technical excellence, innovation, and outstanding achievement in software development, and this year included several new categories for iPhone developers. The Associated Press’ AP Mobile News Network was Runner Up in the category of Best iPhone Web App, bested by Remember the Milk, an online to do list and task manager and winner of this year’s award.
New to the awards this year were categories for native iPhone software application development. The title of Best iPhone Game went to Enigmo from Pangea Software, which was demoed during Apple’s keynote address on Monday. Best iPhone Entertainment Application went to AOL’s upcoming AOL Radio, which gives users access to over 350 online radio stations, including 150 local CBS Radio stations. Twitterrific from The Iconfactory was named the Best iPhone Social Networking Application, while the award for Best iPhone Productivity Application went to The Omni Group’s OmniFocus. Finally, the award for Best iPhone Healthcare & Fitness Application went to another keynote demo application, MIMVista’s MIM medical imaging app.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?