Apple announces Back to School Mac/iPod deal
Apple today announced the start of its annual Back to School promotion whereby students and educators can receive a free 8GB iPod touch or less expensive iPod model when purchasing a qualifying Mac computer. To be eligible for the promotion, an educator or student must purchase a new MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac Pro at the educational price and purchase an iPod at the same time. Students can then mail in their proof of purchase from their Mac to Apple to receive a rebate for the value of the iPod, up to $229. Additional qualifying iPod models include the third-generation 4GB iPod shuffle, fourth-generation 8GB and 16GB iPod nanos, 120GB iPod classic, or more expensive iPod touches; the iPod classic’s rebate is $20 short of its full price, and the rebates for more expensive iPod touches are capped at $229.
The Back to School promotion is available in the U.S. and Canada from May 27, 2009 through September 8, 2009.
- Target offering $50 discount on iPhone 4, 4S
- Apple offering refurbished iPads for $299 and up
- Best Buy offering iPhone 3GS free with contract
- CEA offers discount on Tech Enthusiast membership
- Sam’s Club stores offering iPhone 4 for $147 this week? (Updated)
- Apple TV available through Dec. 16 for $80
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?