Apple announces iCloud coming Oct 12th
Apple today officially announced the public release of its iCloud service. Introduced in June at Apple’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference, iCloud is a free online service for iOS and OS X users providing support for mail, calendar, contacts, photos, documents and more. Specific features include push Contacts, Calendar and Mail similar to the company’s soon-to-be-discontinued MobileMe service along with several new features: Photostream for syncing photos between iOS devices and desktop computers, storage and synchronization of documents across multiple devices and online backups of iOS device settings and data to the cloud. iCloud requires iOS 5 or OS X 10.7.2 and will be available for sign-up on October 12th. Each iCloud account includes 5GB of free online storage; users can choose to purchase additional storage at annual rates of $20 for 10GB, $40 for 20GB or $100 for 50GB.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iWork for iCloud beta now available to non-Apple users
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- Report: Apple was aware of iCloud security hole in March
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple upgrades current iCloud users to new storage prices
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?