Apple announces iPod V portable video player | iLounge News

Apple announces iPod V portable video player

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, March 31, 2004
News Categories: Humor

picApple today introduced iPod V, the smallest portable video player ever developed.

“Encased in a lightweight anodized aluminum body and featuring a simplified interface for easy, one-touch media navigation, iPod V includes an all-new user interface incorporating the most requested elements of Apple’s OS X graphical interface. Built to integrate easily with QuickTime and Apple’s new iTunes Music Video Store, iPod V will revolutionize the way people watch and listen to audiovisual content.”

pic

« Lajo releases exo2mini case for iPod mini

File sharing legal in Canada »

Comments

“GET OFF of Apple’s nuts !”

I am happy to announce new, great tasting Grape-Nuts!

Posted by Stylescraper on April 1, 2004 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

Want some?

Posted by Stylescraper on April 1, 2004 at 10:47 AM (PDT)

That was cruel ... it had my heart thumping with joy :-(

Posted by AZ on April 1, 2004 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

Will it have my adult movie films?  I like my adult movie films.

Posted by Adam on April 1, 2004 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

####’s taking case orders for the iPod V

get’m while they’re hot!

Posted by dave on April 1, 2004 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

No crap Dave, he probably would, that ###…

Posted by Rob on April 1, 2004 at 1:16 PM (PDT)

Only a matter of time. . . .

Posted by matthew on April 1, 2004 at 1:46 PM (PDT)

APRIL FOOOOOOOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Thomas_A in Portland, OR on April 1, 2004 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

I don’t think we’ll see a real one of these from Apple until someone comes out with a mini HDD drive that holds at lest 100 GB and fuel cells become practical.  Otherwise the thing just wouldn’t be worth buying.

Posted by red on April 1, 2004 at 2:32 PM (PDT)

this site sucks!!

haha april fools raspberry

Posted by lol on April 1, 2004 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

I was ready to email the link to all my podding friends… that was truely cruel!

Posted by esra in PA on April 1, 2004 at 3:06 PM (PDT)

I can truthfully say I was not fooled.  I knew from the minute I saw it that it was an April fool.  No…really… smile

Posted by Mr. E. Mann on April 1, 2004 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

The only problem is the missing touchwheel. The singular best feature of the ipod. I doubt theyd remove it. NExt time make your apr.fools joke realistic

Posted by Techni on April 1, 2004 at 5:22 PM (PDT)

It’s pretty stupid… in concept… who would ever want to watch a fearture film on one of these things? Torture.

But that makes the joke even funnier.

Posted by Prince on April 1, 2004 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

You should have made the design better, you forgot to add the scroll wheel.  Blah Blah Blah!  It was a joke.  Nothing was real about it.  Stop complaining about something that doesn’t exist.  It fooled alot of people (including me).  Good job ipodlounge!  Nice joke, I was ready to buy it.

Posted by people=sh*t on April 1, 2004 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

PARIL FOOL
APPLE FOOL

he_he

go get ur ipod, man

Posted by Ed on April 1, 2004 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

That has to be the worst mock-up I have ever seen. I like how the buttons are half in the screen, creating a screen edge that looks like rolling hills. That would go great over movies.

Seriously, if you want to trick someone, try harder.

Posted by Ummm, ya on April 1, 2004 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

i saw it and i was like, whoa, awesome, but this without some hardcore rumors? then i remembered yesterday was april first so i scrolled down a little more and found it was posted yesterday. . .o well, someday, maybe

Posted by J on April 2, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttt

Posted by Pizza on April 2, 2004 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

Now if it had been one of the other concepts it would have maybe had you all drooling smile

Posted by 100% on April 2, 2004 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >