Apple announces “mini” retail stores | iLounge News

Apple announces “mini” retail stores

“Apple today unveiled its new “mini” retail store, a stunning all-new design featuring stainless steel walls and seamless white floors and ceilings. The mini store is half the size of Apple’s smallest store to date, which will allow it to be placed in a variety of new locations to introduce Apple’s innovative products to even more customers. Apple will open its first six mini stores this Saturday at 10 a.m. in Palo Alto, CA; San Jose, CA; Santa Rosa, CA; Tukwila, WA; Bridgewater, NJ; and Rockaway, NJ.”

« Customize your iPods’ lights for $35

iLounge announces free 2004 Buyers’ Guide »

Comments

theres now a apple store 10 minutes away from my house

Posted by jajajeter2 on October 14, 2004 at 4:37 PM (CDT)

I already have an apple store like 15 miles away from me, and a like franchised one, but I’d love to have one closer :-D

Posted by matrix on October 14, 2004 at 4:48 PM (CDT)

great! the one opening by me is in the mall and i live like 20 min away. it open’s this winter too!

Posted by todd2fst4u on October 14, 2004 at 6:10 PM (CDT)

I’m in California so I have like, 30 billion Apple stores within a 10 mile radius from my apartment. God bless America.

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on October 14, 2004 at 6:20 PM (CDT)

this + BestBuy gift certificates = something cool planned?

Posted by dethbrakr on October 14, 2004 at 6:23 PM (CDT)

california is really where they should be putting this, there are like no apple stores there -_-

i have to travel like an hour and a half-2 hours(no traffic) to get to the closest one…

Posted by good idea on October 14, 2004 at 6:48 PM (CDT)

Brain malfunctioning….  3 apple stores now within 30 minutes of me…. Steady. Steady.

Posted by Xenon-Zenn on October 14, 2004 at 8:35 PM (CDT)

i havent seen one apple store in the GTA. there is no way they are going to open one of these in my town of Orangeville, Ontario

Posted by canadian me on October 14, 2004 at 9:14 PM (CDT)

A Toronto Apple store is a possibility because of the large market. They wouldn’t imagine opening up something in Orangeville, or Markham, or Aurora.

There are Mac specialty shops downtown though, but you gotta search for them. Carbon Computing, CPUsed, Computer Systems Centre to name a few.

Posted by dude on October 14, 2004 at 10:18 PM (CDT)

Does Palo Alto really need ANOTHER apple store?

Posted by Tarmac on October 14, 2004 at 11:23 PM (CDT)

No, please bring one to Oakland/Berkeley.

Posted by Sraphim on October 14, 2004 at 11:28 PM (CDT)

australia.
open some in australia.
fuck apple centre. stupid compnow.
open some apple stores.

Posted by Harrison in Melbourne, Australia on October 15, 2004 at 12:34 AM (CDT)

True we need some apple stores in AUS because there are NONE!!!

and i gotta buy my 20GB 4Gen iPod Somewere stores like target rip you off so bad $600 AUS for 20GB 3Gen iPod u have to be kidding yourself

Posted by Cameron on October 15, 2004 at 1:02 AM (CDT)

The Apple Centres in Aus aren’t that bad.
I have a next byte 5mins down the road from me, and it’s a good store. Doesn’t look anywhere near as nice as the Apple Stores / Mini Apple Stores (lot’s of blue, and ho-hum designed POS), but still a good store.

Posted by Nathan on October 15, 2004 at 1:28 AM (CDT)

Too bad they don’t have any Apple stores in Delaware.  I don’t think they ever will either…

Posted by Asian_N02 in Delaware on October 15, 2004 at 5:06 AM (CDT)

Might be nice to have an Apple store within 200 miles of Oklahoma City.  Right now it’s either Dallas (200), Denver (600),  or Kansas City (300).    Last time I was in the Apple section of the OKC CompUSA there were lots of people drooling and wanting to buy the new iMacG5 but they had nothing to sell.

Posted by ggore on October 15, 2004 at 5:40 AM (CDT)

Actually, if you read the press release.. there IS one coming to Delaware, opening on Saturday at the Christiana Mall.  Tax free Apples!

Posted by Reggie on October 15, 2004 at 6:00 AM (CDT)

I want one in Louisiana. NOW! Lol.
we dont have any apple stores here,but I’d like to go at least look around in one

Posted by podio on October 15, 2004 at 7:49 AM (CDT)

APPLE NEEDS TO OPEN A STORE IN SOUTH FLORIDA. IF THEY DID I WOULD BE THEYR #1 CUSTOMER GUARNTTED. BY THE WAY WHO SAW THE HURRRICANES GAME..?? I DID AND THEY WON

WOO HHOOOO WOOOO HOOOOO

Posted by wtf on October 15, 2004 at 8:08 AM (CDT)

WTF, are you retarded or something? There are like 3 apple stores in Miami alone. One is at the Falls, I think theres another in Coconut Grove and another somewhere else (the beach?).

Posted by minty on October 15, 2004 at 9:47 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >