Apple Announces New iPods: 10, 15 and 30GB
Apple today announced three new iPod models in 10GB, 15GB and 30GB capacities. Life is good. The new models feature an all new case design and updated iPod software. The following is a list of features available on all new models or noted otherwise.
Thinner and lighter
10GB and 15GB is 5.6 ounces, 30GB is 6.2 ounces and thicker than 10GB and 15GB
Blue backlit screen
4 touch buttons (reverse, “Menu”, play/pause and forward) across top of touch wheel
Dock connector on bottom
Docking station with line-out
USB 2.0 (Windows - requires USB 2.0 + FireWire Cable and software update. Available in June)
Includes two new games; solitaire and parachute
Create On-The-Go playlists
Sleep timer and Alarm clock
AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) supported
iPod 15GB and 30GB models (Mac and Windows) include Earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable, 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The 30GB model includes the Dock, remote, carrying case, earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable and 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The new iPods retail for (10GB) $299, (15GB) $399 and (30GB) $499, and is now available for order at Apple store online. Expected shipping is 2-5 days for UPS Ground.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?