Apple Announces New iPods: 10, 15 and 30GB
Apple today announced three new iPod models in 10GB, 15GB and 30GB capacities. Life is good. The new models feature an all new case design and updated iPod software. The following is a list of features available on all new models or noted otherwise.
Thinner and lighter
10GB and 15GB is 5.6 ounces, 30GB is 6.2 ounces and thicker than 10GB and 15GB
Blue backlit screen
4 touch buttons (reverse, “Menu”, play/pause and forward) across top of touch wheel
Dock connector on bottom
Docking station with line-out
USB 2.0 (Windows - requires USB 2.0 + FireWire Cable and software update. Available in June)
Includes two new games; solitaire and parachute
Create On-The-Go playlists
Sleep timer and Alarm clock
AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) supported
iPod 15GB and 30GB models (Mac and Windows) include Earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable, 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The 30GB model includes the Dock, remote, carrying case, earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable and 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The new iPods retail for (10GB) $299, (15GB) $399 and (30GB) $499, and is now available for order at Apple store online. Expected shipping is 2-5 days for UPS Ground.
- Apple confirms Apple TV to act as HomeKit hub
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?