Apple Announces New iPods: 10, 15 and 30GB
Apple today announced three new iPod models in 10GB, 15GB and 30GB capacities. Life is good. The new models feature an all new case design and updated iPod software. The following is a list of features available on all new models or noted otherwise.
Thinner and lighter
10GB and 15GB is 5.6 ounces, 30GB is 6.2 ounces and thicker than 10GB and 15GB
Blue backlit screen
4 touch buttons (reverse, “Menu”, play/pause and forward) across top of touch wheel
Dock connector on bottom
Docking station with line-out
USB 2.0 (Windows - requires USB 2.0 + FireWire Cable and software update. Available in June)
Includes two new games; solitaire and parachute
Create On-The-Go playlists
Sleep timer and Alarm clock
AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) supported
iPod 15GB and 30GB models (Mac and Windows) include Earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable, 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The 30GB model includes the Dock, remote, carrying case, earbud headphones, AC adapter, dock connector to FireWire cable and 4-pin-to-6-pin FireWire adapter. The new iPods retail for (10GB) $299, (15GB) $399 and (30GB) $499, and is now available for order at Apple store online. Expected shipping is 2-5 days for UPS Ground.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?