Apple announces “One More Thing” event for Oct. 12 | iLounge News

Apple announces “One More Thing” event for Oct. 12

Apple has announced a “One More Thing” event on October 12, 2005, at the same California Theatre venue in San Jose where the iPod photo and U2 Special Edition iPod were announced last year. The event, promoted to select media, will begin at 10:00am Pacific, and is named after the famed oratory trick of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who uses the phrase as a prelude to a bombshell announcement at the close of a keynote speech. As contrasted with the blue jeans image used to tease the announcement of the iPod nano, the One More Thing event is promoted with a red theater-like curtain. iLounge will be on hand to provide coverage of the day’s announcements, which will come one day after the company publicly discloses its financial results on October 11.

image

« Pivot intros Pocket Skin for iPod nano

iLounge announces Holiday 2005 Buyers’ Guide, New Contests »

Comments

5G IPODS!!! (Hopefully)

Posted by Philip Steele on October 4, 2005 at 3:45 PM (CDT)

Yay!!!!!! Hope there are 5G iPods.  Actually, I don’t really care, I just bought a nano.  I do hope that there are PowerMAc and PowerBook upgrades!!!

Posted by Daniel Gilmour on October 4, 2005 at 3:48 PM (CDT)

Bets are that Steve introduces a new 80 GB video iPod, and a new slimmer 40 GB.

Posted by jcs on October 4, 2005 at 3:54 PM (CDT)

Come on vPod!!

Posted by David Appleyard on October 4, 2005 at 4:00 PM (CDT)

w00t!

Posted by Kevin on October 4, 2005 at 4:02 PM (CDT)

Theatre curtain = movies = vPod.

Just a thought.

Posted by lsc on October 4, 2005 at 4:03 PM (CDT)

5gipods and maby a powerbook upgrade and ibook upgrade.

Posted by Ryan Imhof on October 4, 2005 at 4:04 PM (CDT)

at last a video ipod..
bigger screen..wowi…

Posted by iJay on October 4, 2005 at 4:11 PM (CDT)

Universal remote control and electric razor.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on October 4, 2005 at 4:12 PM (CDT)

I agree with lsc. Movie curtain meaning movies.

Posted by AaronS on October 4, 2005 at 4:23 PM (CDT)

Actually, what I’d really like to see is iLounge up their server capacity in preparation for a crushing dearth of site hits.  iLounge is already the slowest-loading site on my favorites list, and if last month’s announcement of the ROKR and nano are any indication, it’ll get completely snowed under again by drooling throngs of comment-challenged armchair experts swarming to post “IPOD ROOLZ” or the equivalent.

Note how it’s already barely plodding along with this “curtain” announcement.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on October 4, 2005 at 4:28 PM (CDT)

Hear, hear.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on October 4, 2005 at 4:34 PM (CDT)

hey if ilounge is listening, i believe apple uses akamai for itunes and to cache their distributed websites…..i could not log into ilounge for 3 days after the nano announcement, a caching distributed network may help, but it will also co$t

Posted by khyberny on October 4, 2005 at 4:42 PM (CDT)

Would a video iPod be that big of an announcement?  I think so, but the truly monumental earth-shattering one would be that Intel Mac Minis are ready for X-mas… now, that would be in absolutely contradiction to all we have heard about Intel’s readiness etc.

But…

Posted by Tim Mooney on October 4, 2005 at 4:55 PM (CDT)

Oh, lemme guess…$100 red velvet case for a $250 pod??
Anyhoo…there’s nothing earth-shattering to me about another announcement of another $400 toy. I am about sick of where all this has gone. They know their every move that’s possibly posted on a calendar to gradually run up the cost for listening to music. Just when you buy what you think is great, they release something else on it’s heels.

Screw it, I’m done with all this and I am hanging on to my 6Gb 2nd Gen Silver Mini. They can keep all that other CRAP!! I ain’t buying into their marketing games anymore!!

Posted by Jimbobalou on October 4, 2005 at 5:28 PM (CDT)

I will be VERY frustrated if they announce a video ipod for under 400 dollars, seeing as how LAST WEEK i bought a 300 dollar ipod photo. Grr, i would be so mad. Not to mention, my ipod mini’s battery was worthless after 4 months, i got a new one for free from apple, and then 3 months later with my new one the battey lasts for 45 minutes on full charge (no exaggeration, i tested it). So guess what? they wouldnt give me another, so i shelled out another 300 dollars for an overpriced ipod. Yes, ipod’s are great, but the price COULD come down. They have a market monopoly almost going on. End rant.

Posted by lamarthrasher132 on October 4, 2005 at 5:40 PM (CDT)

Bet it is iTunes Store downloadable Movies… I remember hearing something about that somewhere. $5 Movie Downloads that you can view on your new vPod!

Posted by scrmblr on October 4, 2005 at 5:53 PM (CDT)

I held out all summer to replace my dead 3G iPod with a video iPod. After the nano announcement and the Paris expo where Steve said the market isn’t ready for portable video, I broke down and bought a 60GB iPod photo. Video iPod????? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Posted by MichaelD on October 4, 2005 at 6:00 PM (CDT)

vpod and AE with video output!

Posted by matty on October 4, 2005 at 6:01 PM (CDT)

I wouldn’t have been surprised to see the current iPods remain through the holiday season. Now it really looks like an update is coming!

And forget video… I want the bigger screen (if rumors are true) just for viewing lists and photos! Video would be just the icing on the cake.

Posted by Nagromme on October 4, 2005 at 6:02 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 10 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›