Apple announces “One More Thing” event for Oct. 12 | iLounge News

Apple announces “One More Thing” event for Oct. 12

Apple has announced a “One More Thing” event on October 12, 2005, at the same California Theatre venue in San Jose where the iPod photo and U2 Special Edition iPod were announced last year. The event, promoted to select media, will begin at 10:00am Pacific, and is named after the famed oratory trick of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who uses the phrase as a prelude to a bombshell announcement at the close of a keynote speech. As contrasted with the blue jeans image used to tease the announcement of the iPod nano, the One More Thing event is promoted with a red theater-like curtain. iLounge will be on hand to provide coverage of the day’s announcements, which will come one day after the company publicly discloses its financial results on October 11.

image

« Pivot intros Pocket Skin for iPod nano

iLounge announces Holiday 2005 Buyers’ Guide, New Contests »

Comments

Shhhh… but the reason the apple.com/video is forbidden is becuase apple has a video ipod. i know…i… well any way. the ipod is amazing. its about half the size of the 20GB now, widescreen display, 18 hour battry life and most importantly…get this 80 and 100GB modles. 400 and 500$ And…i dont know this for a fact, but from my other buddies that work for…....... they tell me that the 4g ipod w/ the color screen and the nano will also get a firmware upgrade to watch video.

Posted by michael on October 9, 2005 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

solar-powered ipod! yipee!

Posted by podcatcher on October 10, 2005 at 1:53 AM (PDT)

I agree with warran here…They will probably improve the ipods already out. Why would they make a video and ruin the sales of the nano? If they did make a video, It would probably only play music videos. And even if it did play real videos, to have the backlight on for a 2 hour movie would kill your battery. Im really just hoping for a slim ipod photo.

Posted by Steve on October 10, 2005 at 9:56 AM (PDT)

Umm… i see that some of you dont belive me…Well all i have to say is your gonna wish you lissend to me in the first place. I was unalbe to find out about the nano/color ipod firmware… A**LE is like in lockdown. Some people cant even come to work till wed. Crazy…i know

Posted by michael on October 10, 2005 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

A flashdrive only computer. I say 60gigs.

Posted by jarzim on October 11, 2005 at 11:33 AM (PDT)

Hey I believe you Michael! That is what I have been saying the whole time. I knew it had to be casue I know some people if u know what I mean. I can’t wait, I have already sold my 4G B/W iPod and am buying one of these video pods!

Can’t wait!

Posted by Hayden on October 11, 2005 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

lol it was an iPod video! Cool

Posted by Hayden on January 17, 2006 at 7:22 AM (PDT)

Page 10 of 10 pages « First  <  8 9 10