Apple begins shipping iPhone 4 pre-orders (Updated) | iLounge News

Apple begins shipping iPhone 4 pre-orders (Updated)

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, June 21, 2010
News Categories: iPhone

image

Apple has started shipping iPhone 4 units to customers who pre-ordered the device last week. According to shipment details seen by one iLounge editor, the phones appear to be shipping directly out of Shenzhen, China. Based on reports from iLounge readers, some shipping estimates list June 23 instead of June 24; however, Apple has in the past halted shipments that would have arrived earlier in order to coincide with its pre-announced launch date. Apple will officially launch the iPhone 4 in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Japan on June 24.

Update: AT&T has also started emailing iPhone 4 pre-order customers shipment notifications and tracking numbers.

« Elgato updates EyeTV for iPad

Facebook update adds video support »

Comments

AT&T had started shipments as well, I got my fedex tracking number today smile

Posted by TranceField on June 21, 2010 at 5:28 AM (PDT)

For those of you that ordered with ATT, did it say “backordered” prior to getting the shipment confirmation? Because I ordered through my business plan on the phone with a rep and they guaranteed I would get mine launch day but my order status says backordered.

Posted by Jon on June 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

I have placed mine order through AT&T premier on the 15th at 7am eastern time. Mine said backordered till Saturday. On Sunday it just said ordered & today it says shipped along with tracking number for Fedex.

Posted by TranceField on June 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

I pre-ordered mine around 4 pm on the 15th and received an email today stating that my order was canceled. After visiting the store, they state that at the time of purchase, the salesperson swiped my debit card for the phone. They are now saying that don’t take debit cards to hold the pre-orders, but the salesperson NEVER mentioned that. Nice, now I don’t receive the phone next week. It’s their salespersons fault, yet I won’t get the phone because of it. Says there is nothing they can do. What a mess. ATT is NEVER prepared for the new arrival, which is basically every year now. How lame.

Posted by oneunhappycamper on June 21, 2010 at 1:01 PM (PDT)

i pre-ordered mine at 5pm on the 15th and its actually shipped! talk about luck o.o

Posted by happyhappyjoyjoy on June 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM (PDT)

I was notified yesterday by Apple that one I ordered from their website at 2pm 15th has shipped fedex. Also ordered 2 more from AT&T at 1030 am 15th pacific and that still shows processing.

Posted by Jon on June 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM (PDT)

am from india, my bro s returning from canada next month, he promised me an iphone4(unlocked)... now my question s that ‘is it any ways illegal using iphone4(which is not yet released) in india?’, and if no, ‘will i get free service option?’...please help me out!!!

Posted by bornx247 on January 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM (PDT)