Apple CEO Jobs: Fix for iOS 4 on iPhone 3G ‘coming soon’ | iLounge News

Apple CEO Jobs: Fix for iOS 4 on iPhone 3G ‘coming soon’

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, August 20, 2010
News Categories: iPhone

In an alleged email response to a customer complaint, Apple CEO Steve Jobs has reportedly said a fix for issues related to running iOS 4 on an iPhone 3G is coming soon. Mac Rumors reports that the customer in question said iOS 4 was “dog slow” on his iPhone 3G, citing responsiveness issues when scrolling, zooming, and typing. “I’ve waited patiently through 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, looking for a fix that will make my phone work again,” the customer’s email read. In a typically terse response, Jobs allegedly said, “Software update coming soon.” The report notes that the iOS 4.1 betas do seem to offer performance improvements on the iPhone 3G, suggesting that may be the update to which Jobs was referring.

« Latest edition of iLounge Weekly arriving soon

Second alleged iPod touch 4G LCD panel emerges »

Comments

Can’t wait for this. Ever since the new OS, my phone is almost useless. I’m beginning to HATE it.

Posted by Lane Yaremchuk on August 22, 2010 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

same here !!!!

Posted by dennis on August 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM (PDT)

People with 3G - it’s really not worth waiting for. You’ll still only get to utilize the folders feature….that’s about it. But if it improves performance, that would be good.

Posted by Eric on August 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

I would love to switch to the iPhone4 but i’m waiting for the white one…

Posted by dennis on August 23, 2010 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

What a joke. My 3G jams up on most websites, and takes 30 seconds + to switch between operations most of the time. It’s incredibly frustrating, and it’s not making me think “maybe I should get a 4G!” It’s making me think, “Apple doesn’t care about their legacy products, and a Droid and Verizon might be fine for me!”

Posted by Adam in MN on August 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

One of the things I’ve always like about my 2g iPod Touch is it’s consistency: every major software update has slowed it down, but it’s always been relatively steady, as in I knew how fast I could accomplish a certain task at all times. iOS4 took that away: sometimes it’s reasonable, and other times it’s just obnoxiously slow. I don’t care if folders are taken away again, I would gladly trade that feature in for a consistently useable device.

Posted by Ian on August 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM (PDT)

Regarding iOS4 on my 3G IPHONE: I too, used my phone for everything. Since the above update, it’s a pit. I too, almost hate it. I was told at the Apple Store that the download can’t be undone, but I can buy a 3GS for only 99$!? I can’t believe an update forces you to buy a new phone. And it’s happened before. I have all MACS for everything, but this is getting to me.
Anyone else suddenly starting to lose their “notes” with this update as well? I keep a grocery list on my phone. Well, forget that now. Parts of it delete randomly now, and sometimes the whole list. So I guess I don’t get to use that feature anymore either!

Posted by Micki in Santa Barbara on August 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM (PDT)

I’ve just been reading all the posted comments regarding the updated software, I too have had major problems with my iPhone 3G, it’s increasingly slow, I use my phone for everything and it’s becoming so frustrating that like others I am beginning to hate it.. Apple need to sort this out quick…...

Posted by Tahira Parveen on August 23, 2010 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

#7,
It can be undone - I went back to 3.1.3 and doubt if I’ll even bother to put iOS4 on again even if they ever sort it out for the 3G….

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on August 24, 2010 at 1:31 AM (PDT)

because of the iso4 update basically making my 3g a useless slow brick next month when my contract expires ill be getting a galaxy s, and on the new plan save $30 a month with more data smile

Posted by ridge on August 24, 2010 at 4:18 AM (PDT)

Me 2! Same here! Also 4 family members with the same! DOG SLOW!!!!!!!

Posted by Frank H. on August 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM (PDT)