Apple deal expands custom iTunes Storefront initiative
Apple and Emmis Interactive have announced a licensing agreement allowing Emmis to market its custom Storefront technology to other radio stations and media companies. Used exclusively to date by Emmis radio stations, the Storefront technology allows stations to build storefronts with a look and feel consistent with their product, while enabling listeners to easily find and purchase songs they hear on the air through the iTunes Store. Since its launch on Emmis Radio sites in 2006, the Storefront has been among the top five affiliates directing traffic to the iTunes Store. For examples, see the Storefronts of Power 106, Loop 97.9, and 105.7 The Point.
“Many stations’ web sites direct you to another web site to purchase music and require a users’ credit card information, making the buying experience very cumbersome,” Emmis Interactive co-president Rey Mena explained. “Our custom Storefront technology empowers a radio station to configure a station- branded storefront utilizing iTunes’ entire 6 million-song catalog. These storefronts allow listeners to shop from playlists of station artists as well as top picks recommended by on-air talent. It is a critical tool in building the relationship with listeners and offering them a richer user experience.”
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.1 to public, iOS 9.1 beta 2 to developers (Update: public beta also)
- Apple releases iTunes 12.3
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?