Apple debuts three new iPhone TV ads | iLounge News

Apple debuts three new iPhone TV ads

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, October 8, 2007
News Categories: iPhone

image

Apple has debuted three new iPhone television ads, featuring iPhone users against black backdrops, explaining how the devices has changed their lives. In the first spot, “Mankind”, iPhone owner Doug talks about Visual Voicemail, proclaiming it to be “one of the greatest advancements in the history of mankind.” The second spot, “Meredith”, features a story of how Elliot used his iPhone to lookup the name of his girlfriend’s boss’ fiance before she arrived at a dinner, saving them the embarrassment of admitting to not knowing her name. In the third ad, titled “One Thing”, iPhone owner Stefano explains how he no longer has to carry a bag around to hold his camera, iPod, and two separate cell phones, because the iPhone replaces them all. All three ads are airing now and are available for viewing on Apple’s web site.

« Thought Out unveils PED3 Rotating Stand for iPhone

iPod nano, classic 1.0.2 Updates change video, Cover Flow »

Comments

Ok, now I must admit that the Visual Voicemail is one of the main reasons that I purchased the iPhone. I remember thinking, “WOW!” when I heard about it (I’m one of those that would let 20 msgs pile up because I hated going through them).

But one of the greatest advances of all mankind? Sheesh.

Ok, maybe it is. But still. tongue laugh

Posted by Matt Dunn on October 8, 2007 at 6:45 AM (PDT)

Ok, two seperate cell phones? Last time I checked, the iPhone [unfortunately] only took one SIM card at a time.

Posted by kloan on October 8, 2007 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

kloan,

Stefano was able to replace two separate cell phones with a single iPhone because he used one for voice and one for text messaging and emails.

Posted by Charles Starrett on October 8, 2007 at 1:40 PM (PDT)

I’ll admit I didn’t bother to watch the commercial, so thanks for the explanation. But it sounds a little moronic even still. Seperate cell phones for calls and text/emails. Who does that??

Posted by kloan on October 8, 2007 at 1:57 PM (PDT)

“one thing” is a really dumb commercial.  he’s trying to say it’s four devices in one (two of which are cell phones, and apparently neither of those had cameras).  and if he’s suggesting that the iPhone makes up for a full-size camera, that is equally laughable.

the iphone may provide some convergence, but there’s a better way of saying it than “it’s like having two cell phones, a camera and an ipod in one device.”

Posted by kreg37 on October 8, 2007 at 3:10 PM (PDT)

He’s not suggesting anything of what your talking about. Seperate phones I have.I’m binded with Nextel so on a business level I use the two way and take advantage of the free after 7pm calls due to my high call volume. On the other hand I use SIDEKICK 3 for emails, browsing & text and the camera is cheesy but I still use it if I need to. To make a long story short I work with Stephano and I am his graphic designer. We design Custom Audio for hi end car enthusiasts. Now Stephano did fumble with multiple carriers and purchased a slew of camera becuase every now and then an image needed to be taken of his work at a moments notice and sent to a potential client. Now a 72dpi image doesn’t mean you need a “full size camera” whatever that means. The megapixels that the iPHONE provides is substantialy perfect for posting on the web or emailing. As far as having 2 phones hey….I’m binded with two wack ### phones that will soon be “converged to the iPHONE. Yea “One Thing”.

Posted by CHINODESIGNZ on October 8, 2007 at 9:58 PM (PDT)