Apple debuts two new iPhone ads | iLounge News

Apple debuts two new iPhone ads

image

Apple has begun airing two new iPhone television commercials. The first, “Instead,” tells listeners that “instead of carrying an iPod and a phone… why not carry an iPod, with all your favorite music, and movies, in your phone.” The second spot, “Amazing,” says “It’s amazing what fits in a pocket these days… your favorite music, all your email, today’s newspaper (as it shows the New York Times web page), endless entertainment, and of course, a phone.” Both ads are available for viewing on Apple.com.

« Apple launches My iTunes Widgets

Universal to sell DRM-free tracks, excludes iTunes »

Comments

Has anyone notice the the way you call and answer the phone on the iPhone, atleast on my iPhone, appears slightly diffrent than the images, commercials, and video that apple uses?
What I mean is, in this commercial for example, when the phone rings you see the caller’s ID and a small picture of the caller in the same bar while the earth background remains present in the background.
When I receive a call on MY iPhone my backgroung gets replaced by the image of the caller and the bar only displays the caller’s ID with no picture next to it.
Did I miss something here? Is this a setting that I was not aware off?

Posted by djJASMAN in California on August 10, 2007 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

Let me just add that this is only the case when you have the picture of the caller saved in your phonebook. If you get a call from someone that is not in your phonebook or that it doesnt have a picture associated with the phonebook entry then the background will not change during a call.

Posted by djJASMAN in California on August 10, 2007 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

Here is a link to what I am refering too:

I think I prefer this style better….

Posted by djJASMAN in California on August 10, 2007 at 10:31 AM (PDT)

lol…

Posted by djJASMAN in California on August 10, 2007 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

djJASMAN I called AppleCare about this very issue. They said that style only appears when you’ve imported your contacts from Outlook. I told them that I preferred that style as well and they said they would pass along the suggestion for possible inclusion in a future software update. I hope this helps

Posted by Matt Dunn on August 10, 2007 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

i have noticed this as well. if you load the image via address book or window equivalent the it will show like in the videos but if you add a photo via the iphone then i will fill the screen in the back ground. not sure why it does that.

Posted by BIGP in Texas on August 10, 2007 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

I also don’t have the phone ringer from the commercials on my iPhone, unless I’m missing something.

Posted by Rod Dunn on August 10, 2007 at 2:53 PM (PDT)