Apple delays release of iPod mini worldwide until July | iLounge News

Apple delays release of iPod mini worldwide until July

“Apple today announced that it is moving the worldwide availability of iPod mini to July due to the much stronger than expected demand in the U.S. far exceeding the total planned supply through the end of June. Apple expects to ramp up its manufacturing of the iPod mini to meet worldwide demand in the July quarter.

‘The iPod mini is a huge hit with customers in the U.S. and we’re sure it will be the same worldwide once we can ramp up our supply in the July quarter,’ said Tim Cook, Apple’s executive vice president of Worldwide Sales and Operations. ‘The iPod mini adds further momentum to the iPod, which is already the leading digital music player in the world.’”

« Mac: iPod MP3 Enabler 1.2 released

Forbes editor has issues with iPod mini »

Comments

NOOOOO i need an ipod mini i’ve been waiting since i herd about this wonderful prodct. I live in canada so i might just go over the border to get one but don’t wish to waste my time.

Posted by Gordon on March 25, 2004 at 8:11 AM (PDT)

that’s pretty unfair to everyone else outside the US. Being relegated to April was bad enough, but July?? ANOTHER 3 months?
I knew quite a few people who were hanging out for April to get a mini, and I can’t see them waiting another 3 months now.

Posted by Nathan on March 25, 2004 at 8:18 AM (PDT)

ha hah ahaaaaa! gales of evil laughter! now I’m even more pleased that I got my dad to get me one in the states! ha ha ahahahaaaaa!

Posted by youngwino on March 25, 2004 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted by chowie on March 25, 2004 at 8:31 AM (PDT)

O great. I wait until now, even sending an e-mail to apple and confirming the release data of the mini and this. This is the firt thing i am actually annoyed at apple for doing.

Posted by ajm on March 25, 2004 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

Gee..It’s too bad that poor Apple company and their failed iPod mini aren’t going to do well at all.

You Apple negativity majors sound more and more like meteorologists by the second.

Posted by RegalBegal on March 25, 2004 at 8:51 AM (PDT)

wow, that suck for those you still waiting.

those people making money exporting mini’s or ebaying to australia and europe have 3 more months of business, so that’s good for them.

but then, how could apple have seen this coming. when job announce the mini, everyone and their mother came out and said they’d rather buy the 15gig for $50 more.

Posted by Starboard on March 25, 2004 at 8:53 AM (PDT)

...Well done apple…

I mean, they must have thought
“Noooo, the dollar is weak so it looks like we’ll have to release a product with GUD value for money. Ahah!, lets delay the worldwide release, making people not want it, and hope the dollar becomes strong”

Typical Apple foolishness. You better be able to buy an american ipod mini, and buy a UK applecare.

Posted by XanDuhMan on March 25, 2004 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

This proves Apple will soon be dead!

Posted by Reality Check on March 25, 2004 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

Another reason to be proud to be an American.

Posted by dragon on March 25, 2004 at 10:59 AM (PDT)

no. no. no. NOO!!!!!!! :(  <- lives in canada and has been waiting since february

Posted by hanako on March 25, 2004 at 12:02 PM (PDT)

I had pre-ordered one a few days ago, but when I heard this, I cancelled and got one from ebay… I really didn’t wanna have to do that, but I can’t wait *another* 2 months…

Posted by Timochi on March 25, 2004 at 12:12 PM (PDT)

well, for fifty bucks more…...........

oh never mind

Posted by Daddo on March 25, 2004 at 1:41 PM (PDT)

I know 5 people here in new zealand who have just jumped in line and ordered their minis via Amazon.

This product is hot!

Posted by stevo on March 25, 2004 at 3:36 PM (PDT)

doh!

Posted by doofus on March 26, 2004 at 12:03 PM (PDT)

OMG…....
I’ve been waiting for this little box for 2 months….
It’s not fair!!!!....

Posted by Ray on March 27, 2004 at 12:19 AM (PDT)

Guess i’m going to have to stick with my 20gb IPOD instead

Posted by NATAS on March 28, 2004 at 6:46 PM (PDT)

Yeah I’m pretty annoyed too! I live in South Africa and well… grrrr.

Posted by Dean on May 22, 2004 at 4:25 AM (PDT)

I Have a feeling its coming out even later than July !!!!

Posted by Perfect Dark Zero on June 1, 2004 at 11:39 AM (PDT)