Apple delays white iPhone 4 until ‘later this year’ | iLounge News

Apple delays white iPhone 4 until ‘later this year’

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, July 23, 2010
News Categories: Apple, iPhone

Apple has announced that it is delaying the launch of the white iPhone 4 once again. The press release states, “White models of Apple’s new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected, and as a result they will not be available until later this year.” The company released a similar statement exactly one month ago, promising availability in the second half of July, and did not mention any manufacturing problems during either its iPhone 4 press conference last Friday nor during its fiscal results conference call earlier this week.

« 1Password Pro adds Dropbox sync

Apple begins refunding iPhone 4 Bumper purchases »

Comments

Well, I was trying to hold out for one, but now I might have to go out and buy one of those vynyl stickers in white to put over a black iPhone 4. Sigh.

Posted by Michael on July 23, 2010 at 7:14 AM (PDT)

Can I buy a black one now and exchange it for a white later this year?

Posted by Dani on July 23, 2010 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

I’m disappointed! .. I did not got me a iPhone4 yet because i wanted the white one so bad. Now, .. i don’t know if i should rather get the Evo cause they have that one in white. Crap .. i don’t know

Posted by dennis on July 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

WAIT.  It will be worth the short wait as Apple is likely seriously taking corrective action for problems discovered after the initial release.

Posted by Clifford on July 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM (PDT)

“Later this year” on the Apple calendar = Dec 31st.  Great.  Guess I’ll get the black

Posted by Lynn on July 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM (PDT)

Yeah, I would like to wait for the white one .. but since Apple said “later this year” ... man, common now. I’m not sure to get the black one and throw a white cover on it,.. that would look cheap. On the other hand, the HTC Evo is available in white,... isn’t it? .....

I gotta think now!

Posted by dennis on July 24, 2010 at 9:01 PM (PDT)