Apple denies ‘four years’ iPod report, clarifies ‘for years’ | iLounge News

Apple denies ‘four years’ iPod report, clarifies ‘for years’

Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris has confirmed to iLounge that she was misquoted in a Chicago Tribune article on failing iPods published earlier this week. The article had quoted her as saying that iPods have a low failure rate and that they are designed to last four years. Kerris said she told the reporter that the iPod was designed to last “for years”—not “four years.” The Tribune has yet to correct its original report.

« French council strikes down parts of controversial ‘iPod law’

Microsoft: Zune requires large investment, won’t pay off soon »

Comments

Classic. Very ‘Two Ronnies’ as your UK audience will appreciate…. “four candles… naaah, handles for forks.. fork-handles!”

Posted by simondp on July 28, 2006 at 2:02 PM (CDT)

Oh, the irony!!!

Posted by lucky13 on July 28, 2006 at 2:29 PM (CDT)

Further proof that the English language is a convoluted mess.  I suggest we all switch to French. ;-)

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on July 28, 2006 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

“Further proof that the English language is a convoluted mess.  I suggest we all switch to French.”

The language that has four or more alternative for “the”?

Posted by French... on July 28, 2006 at 2:50 PM (CDT)

Player designed to last for four years…non-replaceable battery designed to last for two years…great design from the “most innovative” company on the planet.

Posted by BigSid in Los Angeles on July 28, 2006 at 3:20 PM (CDT)

You can replace the battery in an iPod…

Posted by Daveoc64 on July 28, 2006 at 3:32 PM (CDT)

Excellent idée. À l’avenir utilisons tous la langue de Molière pour éviter la confusion. :)

Posted by P5yk0 on July 28, 2006 at 3:50 PM (CDT)

And you think the Chicago Tribune is somehow the gold standard of journalism? Granted, they’re more accurate than say the New York Times, but c’mon people. This is the Old Media you’re talking about. You know, the Jayson Blair brigade?

Posted by NoMoreIdiots on July 28, 2006 at 4:09 PM (CDT)

Right.  TWO years it is.

Posted by icantpod on July 28, 2006 at 4:10 PM (CDT)

Apple is wonderful

Posted by Sapporobaby on July 28, 2006 at 4:11 PM (CDT)

Has anyone noticed that Apple does not have any pictures of minorities anywhere on their web pages? None.

I wonder if the NAACP knows about this.

Time for a grass roots action

Posted by sapporobaby on July 28, 2006 at 4:13 PM (CDT)

_ Has anyone noticed that Apple does not have any pictures of minorities anywhere on their web pages

That is not true.

Posted by SeeFlat on July 28, 2006 at 4:25 PM (CDT)

I don’t know how much I trust the French to talk cogently about numbers.  This is a people, remember, that can’t think of a word for 70.

Posted by baravelli on July 28, 2006 at 4:42 PM (CDT)

“Apple is getting as bad as Microsoft with clarifications, you took me out of context, I did not mean that, etc…”

Ummm… you mean it’s a feature and not a defect? like MS likes to say.

Posted by will_bc on July 28, 2006 at 4:47 PM (CDT)

@SeeFlat

Please post the link to anywhere other than the iTunes store. Second on the iChat site they have someone that looks half Asian and half something else. For the most part Apple does not promote their products to minorities.

Please by all means prove me wrong.

Posted by sapporobaby on July 28, 2006 at 4:49 PM (CDT)

The claim that Apple has no minorities on it’s website is wildly false.  Try this page just for starters:

Apple’s advertising has virtually always been multiethnic.  The Think Secret campaign, the Switcher campaign, and the iPod campaign have all featured individuals of multiple ethinicities.

Posted by goodjello on July 28, 2006 at 4:57 PM (CDT)

I would put a picture of a chimp up there if it would get me sales. I am talking about the majority of their browsed site. A friend pointed this out to me. I jumped around from page to page, to page and see for the most part, only white happy faces.

I own a .Mac account and when I log in the first thing I see are happy white people snow boarding, surfing, rock or mountain climbing, at the beach. Not a Black, Asian, Latino, Native American in sight. As I said, I could be wrong but not from the majority of their site. It seems that it is good to get money from minorities, bad to show them.

Posted by sapporobaby on July 28, 2006 at 5:01 PM (CDT)

lol, thats pretty funny.

Posted by Brad J on July 28, 2006 at 5:05 PM (CDT)

When you have an undisputed winner everyone wants to be part of the story. Missquoting is the biggest thing in journalism.

Learn engrish.

Posted by mango on July 28, 2006 at 5:06 PM (CDT)

Sapporobaby, get over it….I’m so tired of people screaming “racism” about everything, get over it and move on with your life.  I see people of all backgrounds on Apple’s site.  Get a life.

Posted by MatrixSJD on July 28, 2006 at 5:23 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >