Apple discontinues old iPod remote | iLounge News

Apple discontinues old iPod remote

I discovered today that Apple has discontinued the remote for previous model iPods. After my remote cable twisted I decided to call the Apple store today to order a new one. A very apologetic representative informed me that it had been discontinued and the new remote was incompatible with the old iPod. I was told that I could use any earphones with my iPod, but no longer use a remote.

« BusinessWeek: How Apple Spells Future: i-P-O-D

MacMice Announces the GPerch for iPod »

Comments

still able to buy them.

Posted by Stasyna on July 4, 2003 at 9:41 PM (CDT)

Rish…You’re not allowed to use “your” as a contracted subject/verb combination.

Posted by What's the frequency, Kenneth? on July 5, 2003 at 8:44 PM (CDT)

Well Guys buy a TAP From CompUSA to upgrade ur 1st or 2nd Generation iPods.
It costs about $35 year…
E-mail me if you have any Questions

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on July 6, 2003 at 2:59 PM (CDT)

I just spent an hour on the phone with apple.  But customer care is going to send me a remote for my old ipod…thanks for the suggestion to call!

Posted by Leia on July 17, 2003 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

yeah, if your remote breaks, call support, theyre really helpful on that. my remote was defective on my 3g and the cable was messed up, i had a new remote in around 2 days after i called.

Posted by ian on July 24, 2003 at 9:38 PM (CDT)

Maybe potential 3rd generation iPod buyers should consider another MP3 player.  What’s goning to happen to you when the 4th generation comes out?

I’ll probably do the same thing I did when the 2nd and 3rd gen iPods came out… sell my existing one and buy a new model.

I’ll consider another mp3 player when I see a better mp3 player for my needs.

Posted by someToast on August 12, 2003 at 11:29 AM (CDT)

————————————————————————-
I’ll consider another mp3 player when I see a better mp3 player for my needs
————————————————————————-

It does crossfading!!! It has ethernet!!! It plays OGGs!!! It’s the same size as the iPod!!! It’s got 20/40 GB!!! It’s as small as the iPod and a weighs less. This is one sweet little player.

RioKarma 20:
20G 2.7 x 3.0 x 0.90 = 7.29 inch^3 5.5oz

ipod specs:
10G 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.62 = 6.10 inch^3 5.6oz
15G 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.62 = 6.10 inch^3 5.6oz
30G 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.73 = 7.18 inch^3 6.2oz

Posted by Rio Karma on August 12, 2003 at 11:46 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2