Apple drops iPod classic, nano 3G prices in Europe [updated] | iLounge News

Apple drops iPod classic, nano 3G prices in Europe [updated]

Apple has dropped its prices on the iPod classic and iPod nano (wth video) in several European markets by 10-20€. In France, the 4GB and 8GB iPod nano models have dropped from 159€ and 209€ to 149€ and 199€, respectively, while the 80GB iPod classic was reduced from 259€ to 249€ and the 160GB model went from 359€ to 349€. In Germany and Italy, both nano models saw price reductions of 10€, while the iPod classic was reduced by €20. Similar price cuts were seen in Spain, as well. These cuts follow similar drops for the iPod touch, which saw its French pricing reduced by 20-30€ back in January.

Update: Apple has also reduced its prices on the iPod nano (with video) and iPod classic in Canada. The 4GB iPod nano dropped from $169 CAD to $159 CAD and the 80GB iPod classic was reduced from $279 CAD to $259 CAD; similar price adjustments were also made to the 8GB iPod nano and 160GB iPod classic.

« PodWorks updated to version 2.9.3

Jobs: Flash currently ‘too slow’ on iPhone »

Comments

Crappy US dollar value relative to other nations is the reason I’m sure…When we start paying more for common items (like ipods) it will finally hit home with many Americans

Posted by Shawn on March 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM (CST)

The prices on the Australian store have dropped as well. The Australian dollar is currently very high, about AUD$1 = ~US$0.93

Here are some changes I noticed:

iPod classic 80 GB was $249 now $219
iPod classic 160 GB was $479 now $449

I believe there are also changes to the iPod nano, but I can’t remember the old prices.

(All prices Australian dollars)

This is fantastic news for me, because I was planning on getting a 160 GB classic this Saturday. I was going to get it last week, but wanted to wait until after Jobs’ presentation on Friday.

Posted by ShowsOn on March 6, 2008 at 12:37 AM (CST)

I think you mean the iPod Classic 80 GB is $349 in Australian dollars, not $219.  Since currently the price is $249 in the U.S., I highly doubt Apple would sell it at a lower price in foreign countries.

Posted by maymar13 on March 6, 2008 at 12:54 AM (CST)

Sorry my mistake! Typos!

You are correct, it is now $319, was $349.

Posted by ShowsOn on March 6, 2008 at 12:58 AM (CST)

AUS: The 2 GB nano has dropped to AU$189 and the 8 GB nano has dropped to AU$249. I almost bought one yesterday so I’m glad I waited =]

Posted by Lis on March 7, 2008 at 3:06 AM (CST)

In Spain, the correct prices are:

iPod Shuffle: 1GB = 45 €, 2 GB = 65 €
iPod Nano : 4GB = 129 €, 4 GB = 179€
iPod Classic : 80 GB = 219 €, 160 GB = 229 €
iPod Touch: 8GB = 269€, 16GB = 359€, 32 GB = 449 €

Posted by Jor.Com on March 7, 2008 at 10:30 AM (CST)

Jor.Com, are you sure about those prices on the iPod Classic - it’s only 10 euros more for the 160GB than the 80GB??  That doesn’t make sense.

Posted by Cbar65 on March 10, 2008 at 8:57 AM (CDT)