Apple event to feature a black U2 iPod? | iLounge News

Apple event to feature a black U2 iPod?

“Rock band U2 has cut a deal with Apple Computer to sell custom iPods promoting the band’s forthcoming album.

Sources close to the group say the U2 edition of the popular digital music player will come preloaded with the band’s new album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, along with portions of the Irish supergroup’s 25-year catalogue. The iPods will be black and will be made available the same week as the band’s 11th studio album, which is slated to be released in the U.S. by Universal Music Group’s Interscope Records on November 23.”

« Kensington announces FM Transmitter/Auto Charger

Apple announces special music event with U2 »

Comments

Wot no Britney Pink iPod?

I say good on Apple and good on U2. Like minded individuals who think different and push the boundaries.

Posted by loGan on October 19, 2004 at 11:17 AM (PDT)

I am from Dublin, I’ve vomited in Bono and Ali’s swimming pool, and I can honestly tell you the music they play is just endlessly recycled #####.

Posted by gurriers on October 19, 2004 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

I’ve been tlaking to my friends about u2 at my highschool. Almost all say they hate u2. I ask them why, I can’t understand at all why they would think that. The reason why in the words of my friend cole, “they just seem like crappy pop. I’ve only heard a few songs on the radio.” I can understand that (almost). If you want a better view of u2, check out atchung baby, not just the singles on joshua tree.

Posted by sdfg on October 19, 2004 at 11:36 AM (PDT)

Does anyone think that Apple will simply us U2 to not only launch the special edition iPod, but to announce the 60GB, color screen version? Most companies don’t trot out big name celebs/bands just to promote a product that only a handful of fans would buy. For example - Queen Latifah was at a big event last week for the launch of the new MS Windows XP Media Center Edition and tied into her new movie and album. I’m guessing that’s what’s gonna happen next week w/Apple and U2.

Posted by cjhseattle in Seattle on October 19, 2004 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

I can honestly tell you that your full of #####. Total rubbish, and what were you doing at bono’s house? I think this is a good move on apples part.

Posted by rantor on October 19, 2004 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

I can honestly tell you that your full of ##### smile Total rubbish, and what were you doing at bono’s house? I think this is a good move on apples part.

Posted by rantor on October 19, 2004 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

Whatever happened to Jeremy’s policy of not posting rumors? Lame.

Posted by Mortimer on October 19, 2004 at 1:08 PM (PDT)

My bad… and apologies to all. Just trying to respond to some of the earlier comments is all. Thanks.

Posted by cjhseattle in Seattle on October 19, 2004 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

gurriers, i am from boston and like seafood. gee, i guess i’m not as qualified as you are to comment on u2.

Posted by frank o on October 19, 2004 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

> what were you doing at bono’s house?

Dublin’s a small place, and some people I know went to Mount Temple School along with the boys a long time ago.

We went for the free food. We stayed for the waiter-service cocktails. Until it all proved a little too much…

“i am from boston and like seafood. gee, i guess i’m not as qualified as you are to comment on u2.”

You got that right Mr Scampi.

Posted by get your party on on October 19, 2004 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

Yea, U2 are a couple of nice guys, so I hear.  My friend has been one of their biggest fans for a long time and they often invite her to their post-concert parties.

Posted by Marc on October 19, 2004 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

I do remember that iPod has something to do w. Jaguar’/ iPod, and it was black…
as well someone was selling once on eBay (black).....

Posted by quattro on October 19, 2004 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

Cool. I still disagree about their music though. I met the band after a gig in Tulsa Oklahoma back in 1983. U2 and Thin Lizzy are my all time favorites and both hail from Dublin. Gotta love the Irish. Hell, Notre Dame is my favorite college football team.

Posted by rantor on October 19, 2004 at 7:46 PM (PDT)

bhoward43, I have to agree with you 100%. I would LOVE to see a tie-dye Phish iPod… smile

Seriously though, to be able to fill an entire iPod is quite a feat, and they definitely deserve it. They are essentially the Grateful Dead for the next generation.

I would say it’s a shame that they finally broke up, but I think it was time…

Posted by Awesome-O on October 19, 2004 at 9:10 PM (PDT)

what a crud idea, I now want to sell me iPod and get a Zen…

U2 smell of old people..

Zazaa is the new rock n’ roll.

Posted by partyboy on October 19, 2004 at 10:32 PM (PDT)

what a sad idea,

I now want to sell me iPod and get a zen..

Posted by partyboy on October 19, 2004 at 10:33 PM (PDT)

good job apple…

Posted by sell outs. on October 20, 2004 at 7:11 AM (PDT)

U2 and apple a match made in heaven,
Like slipper and a pipe.

Posted by The Truth on October 20, 2004 at 9:52 AM (PDT)

promoting a u2 ipod is simply a disgrace to apple

Posted by podskater on October 20, 2004 at 1:26 PM (PDT)

Go Ireland!

Posted by amd on October 20, 2004 at 7:16 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 4 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >