Apple exec provides iPod Camera Connector details [updated]
In addition to its revamped iPod photo lineup, Apple today also announced the Camera Connector accessory, which gives users the ability to import photos directly from their digital camera for instant viewing and slide show playback on the devices. Apple did not give any further information or image of the iPod add-on except to say that it will ship in late March for $29.
Greg Joswiak, vice president of hardware marketing at Apple, revealed further details of the Camera Connector in an interview with CNET News.com. He said that it is a small white plastic device that is similar to a small docking station with a cable for connecting to the iPod and a USB port for connecting to a camera. Joswiak noted that pictures loaded onto an iPod photo directly from the Camera Connector will be able to be viewed immediately on the device. However, in order for the photos to be shown on a TV, the iPod Photo will need to be connected to a computer first.
Update: At an Apple press event in Japan to introduce the new iPod models, a presentation slide revealed what the new iPod Camera Connector will look like (see above-right).
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Apple extends two-step verification to FaceTime, iMessage
- Apple raises size limit for Apps to 4GB
- iPhone theft decline attributed to Activation Lock feature
- iOS 8.4 already in development?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?