Apple Fall 2011 lineup poll ends, iOS 5.0.1 poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What’s your reaction to Apple’s Fall 2011 iPhone + iPod lineup?”—has ended. Readers were given options of saying they were or were not planning to purchase an iPhone or iPod, and whether or not the announcement had any affect on their decision.
While not a majority, a large number—38 percent—of readers said that they were planning to purchase an iPhone or iPod, and the announcement didn’t change their mind. They were followed by two groups of readers, both of which constituted 23 percent of responses—those who were planning to buy a new iPhone but decided to hold off because of what was announced, and those who weren’t planning to buy an iPhone or iPod, and were not persuaded otherwise by Apple’s announcements. Both those who were planning to buy a new iPod but are now holding off and those who weren’t planning to buy an iPhone but had their minds changed accounted for seven percent, while only one percent of readers said they weren’t planning to buy a new iPod, but would based on what was announced. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 5.0.1. We’d like to know whether or not iOS 5.0.1 has fixed any issues you might have had with the prior release. Did it fix your battery life issues, AirPlay issues, or both? Or did it fail to fix your issues, or worse yet, make them worse? Or did you not have an issues to fix, or do you not own a device capable of running iOS 5.0.1? Our new poll—“Did the iOS 5.0.1 update fix anything for you?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels