Apple Fall product poll ends, iPhone app category poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of options, including current-styled but upgraded iPods, a dramatically different iPod or iPhone, a new Mac, current offerings, or not buying anything.
A large number of our readers (29%) said they would only buy an iPod or iPhone if Apple released a dramatically different version in time for the holidays, followed closely by readers who were most interested in purchasing a new Mac (25%). 19% of readers said they would consider buying a current-styled iPod if all Apple changed was the storage capacity, while 3% wanted to see changes in battery life, and only 2% said they would buy a current-styled iPod is all Apple changed was the color scheme or other cosmetics. Finally, 17% of readers said they were satisfied with Apple’s current offerings but weren’t planning on buying anything, and only 5% said they were satisfied with the current options and were planning to make a purchase.
The new poll focuses on the iPhone and iPod touch App Store. We’d like to know: Which category of applications do you feel is most important? Are you most concerned with entertainment and games? Business or productivity apps? Lifestyle/social networking? Photography or other creative apps? Perhaps news and reference apps, travel and other location-aware apps, or music apps? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our latest poll, “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?