Apple Fall product poll ends, iPhone app category poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of options, including current-styled but upgraded iPods, a dramatically different iPod or iPhone, a new Mac, current offerings, or not buying anything.
A large number of our readers (29%) said they would only buy an iPod or iPhone if Apple released a dramatically different version in time for the holidays, followed closely by readers who were most interested in purchasing a new Mac (25%). 19% of readers said they would consider buying a current-styled iPod if all Apple changed was the storage capacity, while 3% wanted to see changes in battery life, and only 2% said they would buy a current-styled iPod is all Apple changed was the color scheme or other cosmetics. Finally, 17% of readers said they were satisfied with Apple’s current offerings but weren’t planning on buying anything, and only 5% said they were satisfied with the current options and were planning to make a purchase.
The new poll focuses on the iPhone and iPod touch App Store. We’d like to know: Which category of applications do you feel is most important? Are you most concerned with entertainment and games? Business or productivity apps? Lifestyle/social networking? Photography or other creative apps? Perhaps news and reference apps, travel and other location-aware apps, or music apps? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our latest poll, “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app