Apple Fall product poll ends, iPhone app category poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of options, including current-styled but upgraded iPods, a dramatically different iPod or iPhone, a new Mac, current offerings, or not buying anything.
A large number of our readers (29%) said they would only buy an iPod or iPhone if Apple released a dramatically different version in time for the holidays, followed closely by readers who were most interested in purchasing a new Mac (25%). 19% of readers said they would consider buying a current-styled iPod if all Apple changed was the storage capacity, while 3% wanted to see changes in battery life, and only 2% said they would buy a current-styled iPod is all Apple changed was the color scheme or other cosmetics. Finally, 17% of readers said they were satisfied with Apple’s current offerings but weren’t planning on buying anything, and only 5% said they were satisfied with the current options and were planning to make a purchase.
The new poll focuses on the iPhone and iPod touch App Store. We’d like to know: Which category of applications do you feel is most important? Are you most concerned with entertainment and games? Business or productivity apps? Lifestyle/social networking? Photography or other creative apps? Perhaps news and reference apps, travel and other location-aware apps, or music apps? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our latest poll, “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!