Apple Fall product poll ends, iPhone app category poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of options, including current-styled but upgraded iPods, a dramatically different iPod or iPhone, a new Mac, current offerings, or not buying anything.
A large number of our readers (29%) said they would only buy an iPod or iPhone if Apple released a dramatically different version in time for the holidays, followed closely by readers who were most interested in purchasing a new Mac (25%). 19% of readers said they would consider buying a current-styled iPod if all Apple changed was the storage capacity, while 3% wanted to see changes in battery life, and only 2% said they would buy a current-styled iPod is all Apple changed was the color scheme or other cosmetics. Finally, 17% of readers said they were satisfied with Apple’s current offerings but weren’t planning on buying anything, and only 5% said they were satisfied with the current options and were planning to make a purchase.
The new poll focuses on the iPhone and iPod touch App Store. We’d like to know: Which category of applications do you feel is most important? Are you most concerned with entertainment and games? Business or productivity apps? Lifestyle/social networking? Photography or other creative apps? Perhaps news and reference apps, travel and other location-aware apps, or music apps? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our latest poll, “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015