Apple holiday poll ends, Verizon iPhone poll begins
With over 3,000 responses from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which new Apple device did you get for the holidays?”—has ended. Readers were given a choice between the iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, fourth-generation iPod touch, sixth-generation iPod nano, iPod classic, fourth-generation iPod shuffle, Apple TV, accessories, or no Apple gear at all.
More than a quarter of respondents—26 percent—said they received a fourth-generation iPod touch over the holidays, a greater number than those who received no Apple gear at all (23 percent). 19 percent of readers said they received an iPad for the holidays, followed by 10 percent who received an iPhone 4, seven percent who received an Apple TV, and another seven percent who didn’t receive a device but did get accessories. Finally, only three percent of readers received a sixth-generation iPod nano, followed by two percent who received an iPhone 3GS, another two percent who received an iPod classic, and only one percent who received a fourth-generation iPod shuffle. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the Verizon iPhone 4. We’d like to know if you plan to buy one. Are you an existing Verizon customer who has been waiting patiently for the handset, an AT&T customer ready to jump ship, or a customer of some other carrer who plans to purchase an iPhone 4 from Verizon? Or are you an existing customer of Verizon, AT&T, or a different carrier who isn’t going to purchase a Verizon iPhone? Or do you live outside the United States, where you’ve likely had a choice of iPhone carriers for some time? Our new poll, “Are you going to buy a Verizon iPhone 4?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Apple turning ‘Carpool Karaoke’ into an Apple Music exclusive
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app