Apple, HP deal angers Microsoft | iLounge News

Apple, HP deal angers Microsoft

“HP’s move to release an own-branded digital-music player based on Apple’s iPod and to ship iTunes pre-installed on all HP PCs - has angered Microsoft.

General manager of Microsoft’s Windows digital media division David Fester has suggested that iTunes’ emerging dominance would be bad for consumers, because it would limit them to the iPod.”

« How to create notes on the iPod

UK TV reports iPod battery issue »

Comments

Hey Atomic:  Why don’t you post your real name so we can make fun of it too, Mr. Relevant Poster.

Posted by Ken on January 14, 2004 at 2:07 PM (CST)

I have no particular feeling one way or another about Rhapsody or iTunes because I don’t use either and to me they both suck. I think you have me confused with someone else. Or perhaps you are always just confused. And angry. You remind me of “Angry Dad” on the Simpsons. I was just repeating what I read today and I am sorry I don’t have a link so you could read it as well and accuse the New York Times of being a “Rhapsody Promoter”.

It seems like if you hate things then they mustbe Apple competitors so maybe if you hate them enough that means there is some merit in them or They are a strong competitor, kind of the way the neocons are ragging against Governor Dean because they are scared of him doing a Reagon on Bush’s Carter incumbency.

Anyway, you might want to consider Zoloft because you seem way to worked up to me to be healthy.

Posted by AtomicZealot on January 14, 2004 at 2:20 PM (CST)

Sure, Ken, shoot me an email and we can chat all you want.

Regarding the Zoloft post, is that some kind of drug? The only ones who are worked up here are all the posters (or one with various names) who are so concerned with me that they manage to respond to every single post of mine and comment on just about everything I say. I’m flattered that you all find me so fascinating that you would dedicate so much time to me. ...Actually it’s disturbing that you’re so obsessive. Yikes, I can’t even comment on a guy’s question about Rhapsody without being derided. No matter, I’ll continue to take zealous obsession with me in stride. Whatever keeps you entertained!

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 14, 2004 at 2:41 PM (CST)

Amen Atomic

Posted by dmeineck on January 14, 2004 at 4:31 PM (CST)

I think everyone is failing to mention the most interesting part of the article…

There are reports that by summer iPod may support WMA. i think this is a postive trend because it means that while iPod/hPod users will continue to use iTunes and AAC, they still can use WMA purchased songs from other stores etc.

Very good idea!

Posted by Dave on January 15, 2004 at 8:43 AM (CST)

Dave: Your loose use of the word “reports” is misleading. There was one report from one guy - Paul Thurrott - who is notorious for being reliably inaccurate. HP has flat out denied that rumor in no uncertain terms. And why would HP want WMA? The biggest part of the deal for them (in my opinion) was pre-installing iTunes.

Nobody is buying music from the other “stores”. Look at the numbers. iTunes’ top competition at this point, Napster, is selling a little under 100,000 songs a week (and declining). That’s compared to iTunes’ 2 million songs per week… and growing.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 15, 2004 at 8:56 AM (CST)

Interesting that angry little Atomic accuses others of obsession. Maybe the reason people respond to your endless trolls is because a) you throw out ridiculous, derogatory, and inflammatory comments willy-nilly, and b) you post more messages than a psychotic hamster on meth. Let’s take a quick look at your profile:

Total comments 161
Join date Dec 16, 03

Most Recent Comments:
A look at the iPod mini
Apple sells 733 thousand iPods, up 235%, profits are up
Apple, HP deal angers Microsoft
iPod mini colors ranked on Amazon
TechTV to review iPod Battery Replacement Kit
CNET: Canadian MP3 player tax challenged
iPod 10GB for $237 shipped
Solar powered tech jacket can charge iPod on-the-go
HP - No WMA for IPod
iPod Mini for $229.00
AppleMatters: The HP-iPod Deal is Brilliant
Tech analyst expects $199 iPod mini in 12 months
Macworld UK: MS’ video-player plans ‘misguided’

Posted by ObsessiveAtomic on January 15, 2004 at 9:19 AM (CST)

Wow. That poster really has some sort of strange interest in me. Funny thing is that the comment is about how often I comment, but as an anonymous poster, this idiot probably posts several times more often than me, but doesn’t have a profile to check.

As your worship demonstrates, clearly, I am your god.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 15, 2004 at 1:29 PM (CST)

No, its not worship its annoyance. I cant read anything on this site these days without you writing something off-topic crapping on Microsoft or Dell. You are not a God you a clown. And angry clown. Get a life.

Posted by angry klown on January 16, 2004 at 11:30 AM (CST)

Just as Microsoft’s obsession with Apple is demonstrated by their insecurity over the Apple/HP deal, your obsession with me is apparent through your need to reply to or criticize my every post. Amazingly, by asserting that my posts are off-topic, you are perpetuating the very thing you pretend to dislike.

Why do you come to a site dedicated to the iPod only to criticize and attempt to belittle others? You are so obviously obsessed by me. It really is pathetic.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 16, 2004 at 11:43 AM (CST)

If we all continue to download our music for free all the artists who are composing and performing the music will not make any money.  What will we listen to then?  I’m glad the itunes is leading the way towards a new way of distributing music worldwide.

PS.  Apple needs to speed up on offering itunes worldwide (canada soon please).

Posted by Trevor Poczynek on January 18, 2004 at 5:02 PM (CST)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4