Apple: HP’s iPods coming this Summer | iLounge News

Apple: HP’s iPods coming this Summer

During Apple’s conference call expanding on its second-quarter financial results, Apple representatives have held to prior projections on availability of Hewlett Packard’s blue version of the iPod: “HP will ship this Summer as we indicated in last quarter’s call.” On the subject of HP/Apple iPod marketing and distribution by geographic region: “HP and Apple independently conclude who to sell to,” and there will be no restriction on HP sales of the iPod by region.

« How to remote control iTunes via the Web

Apple: 860,000 more iPods in Q3, new iPods soon? »

Comments

I think that would be cool having a blue ipod. Would the unit itself be made by apple still, with apple insides, or just copied by Hp?

Posted by Twinsbb17 on July 14, 2004 at 4:15 PM (CDT)

you want blue?  i got a can of spray paint here, come by fastfly17 and i’ll do it for you for a small fee.

Posted by toothpaste in NYC on July 14, 2004 at 5:09 PM (CDT)

i got yer blue iPod right here.

Posted by gustafks in Minneapolis on July 14, 2004 at 5:21 PM (CDT)

They’re just iPods, made by Apple, right down to the Apple logo on-screen. But made in blue instead of white, with an HP logo on the back.

I imagine they’ll be cheaper too—since new improved iPods from Apple should be out soon. So hPods should be a great buy… as long as the blue looks better in person :)

Posted by Nagromme on July 14, 2004 at 8:57 PM (CDT)

colorwarepc.com any color ipod that you ever want

Posted by armless on July 14, 2004 at 9:03 PM (CDT)

Very interesting, I hope CompUSA sells it, and I sure hope it comes bundles with the USB cable.  I’d be a much easier sell than Apple’s, as CompUSA is not allowed to sell their own replacment plan on the iPod due to thier deal with Apple.  I miss my negligable cost upgrade every 2 years due to something mysteriously stopping working…  Personally, I hope they do what Apple once pictured on their fliers, black iPods with blue backlights.

Posted by Ultima on July 14, 2004 at 9:07 PM (CDT)

I bet HP will include a USB cable. Good idea.

Posted by Nagromme on July 15, 2004 at 1:15 AM (CDT)

Will they be cheaper then the white apple ipods we have now?

Posted by WOLF MAN on July 15, 2004 at 2:04 PM (CDT)

No pricing announced but I think they will be cheaper—because they’ll soon be the “old” model. But still the same great specs and UI we have now.

Posted by Nagromme on July 15, 2004 at 4:26 PM (CDT)

armless

Why not just shoplift a new model every two years?  it’s the exact same thing, and then you wont even have to wait for the HP model to ocme out.

Posted by JP on July 15, 2004 at 9:44 PM (CDT)

I don’t think they should change the color of the iPod. But I’ll wait…since i have an HP Computer this might be more compatible with it.

Posted by Asli on July 16, 2004 at 3:54 AM (CDT)

I think that the new iPod is disappointing. The iPod mini is far superior. Honestly, it is stylish, lightwieght and the colours are a definite plus! The iPods are a bit bulky and are too ugly for me…

Posted by a on July 20, 2004 at 2:44 PM (CDT)

Posted by a on July 20, 2004 at 2:44 PM (CDT)