Apple image points to iPhone firmware v.1.1.1 [updated] | iLounge News

Apple image points to iPhone firmware v.1.1.1 [updated]

An image appearing during the early iPhone owner credit process has revealed iPhone firmware version 1.1.1, along with two extra menu options in Settings. The image, which appears on the second page of the process, below where users enter their phone number and iPhone serial number, is meant to show customers how to find their iPhone serial number. In the Settings menu, under General, appear options for “Home Button” and “International” which are not found on current (version 1.0.2) iPhone firmware, and the final screen in the image shows the “Version” as 1.1.1, build 3B13. As of this writing, the image is still viewable on Apple’s site; a screen capture of the image appears below. [via Mac Rumors]

Update: The “About” screen shown below also points to new modem firmware, v.04.02.04_G. Current iPhone modem firmware is listed as 03.14.08_G. TUAW has reported that recent SIM unlocking methods rely on patching the modem firmware, thus version 1.1.1 of the iPhone firmware, if/when released, may break current iPhone unlocking methods.

image

image

« Mix: Euro iPhone, iFlop, Palm, News Corp.

Apple reveals details of $100 Apple Store iPhone credit »

Comments

I’m assuming the Home button is to set the option to show music controls on a double-click, like the iPod touch.

The international option is pretty much self explanatory.

Posted by Daniel on September 14, 2007 at 2:19 PM (CDT)

Great to see evidence of an update!

Posted by Mongoos150 on September 14, 2007 at 5:31 PM (CDT)

My wishlist is a simple one.  I’m not asking for much.  Please, oh, please, be kind to me almighty powerful New Version God…

1) Let me text to multiple contacts.
2) Let me control the volume of individual alerts.
3) Let the calendar alerts repeat every few minutes or so until I either snooze or cancel it (I currently miss the single “ping” about 90% of the time)

Do I need to sacrifice a virgin iPod or what?

Posted by Nhatman on September 14, 2007 at 5:34 PM (CDT)

Well, my wishlist is actually kind of long, but I still like my iPhone the way it is. There’s just so much more they could do, though.

A few things in Safari bug me—when I type in landscape mode with a loading page, there’s virtually no room to select the text box.

Also typing passwords is a PITA.

Posted by NewSc2 on September 14, 2007 at 9:16 PM (CDT)

I hope they finally introduce Copy&Paste; to the iPhone.. it’s about fu***ng time..

Posted by Manu on September 15, 2007 at 8:13 AM (CDT)

When are we getting Flash?

Posted by gail on September 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM (CDT)

Well the iPhone has Mac OSX and Safari built into it, I don’t know why they haven’t implimented flash yet, it wouldn’t be too difficult.

Posted by Luke on September 21, 2007 at 1:36 PM (CDT)