Apple in 2013 polls ends, accessory trends poll begins
With over 1,500 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What are you most hoping to see from Apple in 2013?”—has ended. Readers were asked to identify which rumoured or likely new product from Apple they are most looking forward to in the new year.
The top respondents were split pretty evenly between an iPad mini with Retina Display (19%), iOS 7 (17%), an Apple Television Set (16%), and a completely new product such as an Apple Watch coming in at 15%. 10% of readers indicated they they’re most looking forward to a next-generation iPhone, while 9% are hoping for an updated Apple TV set-top box, rather than a full-fledged television set. Of the remaining respondents, 7% indicated that they would most like to see a slimmer, next-generation iPad, 5% were hoping for a major new iPod release, and only 3% indicated that they would be most interested in a subscription music service from Apple.
On the heels of the 2013 International CES, where our editors saw thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and noted several major trends from manufacturers, we’re curious to know what you think will be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market for 2013. Do you think that we’ll see developers move away from AirPlay and/or Lightning for speakers in favour of Bluetooth, or do you think developers will fully embrace Lightning? Will other Bluetooth accessories such as watches, health monitors, and fitness devices come into their own this year, or do you think it will be the year for more premium cases, successful indie projects from Kickstarter or specialized and niche products to appear?
Our latest poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone