Apple in 2013 polls ends, accessory trends poll begins
With over 1,500 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“What are you most hoping to see from Apple in 2013?”—has ended. Readers were asked to identify which rumoured or likely new product from Apple they are most looking forward to in the new year.
The top respondents were split pretty evenly between an iPad mini with Retina Display (19%), iOS 7 (17%), an Apple Television Set (16%), and a completely new product such as an Apple Watch coming in at 15%. 10% of readers indicated they they’re most looking forward to a next-generation iPhone, while 9% are hoping for an updated Apple TV set-top box, rather than a full-fledged television set. Of the remaining respondents, 7% indicated that they would most like to see a slimmer, next-generation iPad, 5% were hoping for a major new iPod release, and only 3% indicated that they would be most interested in a subscription music service from Apple.
On the heels of the 2013 International CES, where our editors saw thousands of new iPod, iPhone and iPad accessories and noted several major trends from manufacturers, we’re curious to know what you think will be the biggest trend in the Apple accessory market for 2013. Do you think that we’ll see developers move away from AirPlay and/or Lightning for speakers in favour of Bluetooth, or do you think developers will fully embrace Lightning? Will other Bluetooth accessories such as watches, health monitors, and fitness devices come into their own this year, or do you think it will be the year for more premium cases, successful indie projects from Kickstarter or specialized and niche products to appear?
Our latest poll—“What do you think the biggest trend in Apple accessories will be in 2013?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store