Apple intros fourth-generation iPod nano
Apple today introduced the fourth-generation iPod nano. Touted by Apple as the thinnest iPod ever made, the new nano sports a curved aluminum design with curved glass, and looks very similar to previous reports. In addition to the new form factor, the new iPod nano features an accelerometer that allows the user to shake the device to enter shuffle mode. A new user interface also appears on the device, offering Genius playlist creation right from the nano, a Cover Flow mode that appears when the device is in landscape orientation, a built-in voice recording app, album art that appears at the bottom as the user scrolls through the traditional interface, and battery life of 24 hours for music and 4 hours for video. The new iPod nano will be available in nine colors — silver, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, black and pink, and will be priced at $149 for the 8GB model and $199 for the new 16GB model.
“The iPod nano is the world’s most popular music player and we’ve made it even better for this holiday season,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We think users are going to love the amazing new design, the automatic Genius playlist creation, as well as automatically going into Cover Flow with just a turn of the wrist.”
Apple also announced new accessories for the iPod nano. New standard headphones will offer in-line play, pause, track skip, and volume control, plus a microphone to work with the nano’s built-in voice recording app. They will be available in October for $29. In addition, new In-Ear Headphones will offer dual drivers, and will sell for $79 when they go on sale in October.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?