Apple intros leather iPod cases | iLounge News

Apple intros leather iPod cases

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, February 28, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageIn addition to the iPod Hi-Fi and Intel-based Mac minis, Apple boss Steve Jobs also briefly announced new leather cases for the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano. The “luxurious” leather case is “made with fine, hand-crafted Italian leather and features a soft and durable interior lining for a secure fit, making it the perfect carrying case for iPod or iPod nano.” The Apple Leather Case is available in 30GB and 60GB sizes for the iPod and one size for the iPod nano. Each is available immediately and sells for $99.

« iPod Hi-Fi speaker system unveiled

Special Apple event live coverage »

Comments

*Cough*  RIP-OFF!!! *Cough!*

If you want one of these, I have a great bridge I can sell ya…

Posted by walter on February 28, 2006 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

So Steve Jobs the outspoken vegan is now selling leather iPod cases… funny.

Posted by ort on February 28, 2006 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

Wow…$99

Looks like crap compared to the Vaja cases.

Posted by Vincent on February 28, 2006 at 12:59 PM (PDT)

I guess you can stick your sock in it . . .

Posted by walter on February 28, 2006 at 1:01 PM (PDT)

No screen or control access?  $100?  WTF?

Posted by Dave on February 28, 2006 at 1:09 PM (PDT)

WTF indeed. Xtreme Mac iPod cases are leather and 1/3 the price.

Posted by ikelleigh on February 28, 2006 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

A case is for protecting the ipod, it shouldn’t cost more than 1/3 the cost.  I predict the price will decrease.  Even at 50.00 it would be too much!

Posted by Ian on February 28, 2006 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

Reminds me of those Calculator Cases all the geeks wore in Junior High and were subsequently beaten up for wearing them on their belts . . .

Posted by walter on February 28, 2006 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

it’s funny. even though it’s $99 for a case, I can totally see people blinded by the fact that it has the iPod logo on it and MUST BUY IT!!!

Posted by blah on February 28, 2006 at 1:31 PM (PDT)

It looks like the case I got with my 40GB Photo. Well, except that case was free and made from “genuine american pleather”.

Posted by Perrinjcat on February 28, 2006 at 1:47 PM (PDT)

why bother with all this garbage, cases and speakers??  they price the sh*t high so as to not take too much business from their accessory partners, which begs the question, why roll this crap out if it ain’t gonna sell?  guess this crap will sell quite well the the unwashed masses of iPod noobs.

Posted by smiling skull on February 28, 2006 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

I have to second some of the comments on this page already.  I looked at this after the “unveiling” and thought, WHY?  $99 for a case that does not give you access to the controls?  WTF?  Oh, sure, I’ll spend $100 bucks of my hard earned $ to have a case that is completely useless.  This is trash!

Posted by ant on February 28, 2006 at 1:55 PM (PDT)

screw me ! Please, Apple, i would pay even 300 DOllar to just have job’s newest gadget. Uhh!

Posted by ohmygod on February 28, 2006 at 2:01 PM (PDT)

what a flop of a case.  this case does no justice to the ipod.  Such an innovative product should have an innovative case.

I’d be surprised if the nano case has a hole for the headphones, they prolly want you to stick it in upside down, LOL!!!

Why Steve???

Posted by hmmmm on February 28, 2006 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

It’s imported Italian leather! What, they have softer cows there? This takes the cake!

N.P. The M’s - “Future Women” A fine album both Kinksy and psychy!

Posted by Margk on February 28, 2006 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

this event was totally BS, from a useless, over-priced, case to an ugly speaker system. even the new mac, it bring us back to the “Apple computers are more expensive than PCs” era! cuz you know mini mac are supposed to attract more ppl to Macs

Posted by postmortem on February 28, 2006 at 2:20 PM (PDT)

This is most definitely product space Apple should stay out of .  .  .  .

Posted by runningman on February 28, 2006 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

Anyone know if there is a belt clip on the back?  I bought my 5th-gen back in October and still haven’t found the perfect case.  If this one has a belt-clip, I’m getting it.

I don’t want screen access, and all I want is a simple black slip-case.  It’s perfect.

So, the rest of you can continue on making fun of it, but it is actually a perfect fit for some people.

Posted by m.sherman on February 28, 2006 at 2:35 PM (PDT)

Wow.

Apple continues to insult it;s user base and the eat it up with a spoon.  Betcha these sell fairly well.

Posted by stark23x on February 28, 2006 at 2:56 PM (PDT)

HAH a perfect fit for some people who have money to burn… if you haven’t found a nice case with a belt clip for under $99 you haven’t been looking very hard.

Posted by JeremytheIndian on February 28, 2006 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »