Apple intros new iPod line, iTunes 7, iTV device | iLounge News

Apple intros new iPod line, iTunes 7, iTV device

image

At its special event today in San Francisco, Apple unveiled a completely revamped iPod lineup, including an updated fifth-generation iPod, new second-generation iPod nano, and an all-new iPod shuffle. The company also rolled out iTunes version 7 with movie downloads and several new features, and gave a preview of a forthcoming living room device tentatively called the iTV.

Reviews:
- Second-generation iPod nano

First Looks:
- Enhanced Fifth-generation iPod
- Second-generation iPod nano
- Second-generation iPod shuffle
- iTV (project code name)
- iTunes 7 and iTunes Store

News:
- Apple debuts new iPod with games
- Apple unveils all-new iPod nano with aluminum design
- Apple announces new ultra-tiny iPod shuffle
- iTunes 7 announced with movie downloads, new features
- Apple offers ‘sneak peek’ at iTV media router
- Apple’s special event by the numbers
- iLounge special event photo gallery
- iLounge live updates from special event

« NFL highlights coming to iTunes Store

Apple posts special event QuickTime stream »

Comments

I’m unable to play my music in iTunes after installing. Help!

Posted by darnell on September 13, 2006 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

poiznelf…i am with you 100% on that. i am really dissapointed to just see an improved 5G and not a widescreen. i am wating for a NEW iPod before i make any purchase.

Posted by mike H on September 13, 2006 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Another question about gapless playback (you would think Apple would have a lengthy discussion of what this is and how it works for the confused).

I’m at work so I can’t try now but do you have to check that option for all the songs of an album to get gapless playback or is it automatic? iTunes did the ‘determining’ thing last night but no songs are gapless yet. Do I have to individually check the ones I want to be gapless?

Also, I refuse to update my 5th gen 60G iPod past 1.0 because of the ‘menu/backlighting’ fiasco. Will gapless playback stil work or does my iPod have to be 1.2, cause its not gonna be until that update includes a fat check?

Posted by carlos on September 13, 2006 at 9:36 AM (PDT)

HELP!!! i just bought a game and when i uploaded my iPod it said ; Tetris was not copied to this iPod as it is not playable on this computer’ what does that mean?? can i not go on it on my iPod??!!! help please

Posted by --ik on September 13, 2006 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

Will gapless playback be available vi for old 5G video models? Or will we have to buy the new 5G for that feature?
I did update to iTunes 7 ,gapless it work on my PC iTunes 7 so far but not my iPod.

Posted by CV on September 13, 2006 at 11:04 AM (PDT)

Am I nuts or does itunes 7 sound better.

Posted by silvertrailer on September 13, 2006 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

GAPLESS. I test it on iTunes 7 ,MPEG audio are work but not the ACC so far .so what kind of update is this steve ??

Posted by Nick on September 13, 2006 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

I love the new ipod nano!! I’ve always loved the ipod mini, it was my 1st ipod and now that Aplle brought the colors back. I’m so glad I did not by the 1g ipod nano. Now, I just have to sell my old color screened 20gb ipod on ebay!!
I’m super excited for the new line up!

Posted by Annette on September 13, 2006 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

ugh, i really want to get rid of my 2gb nano and get the new 2gb, i love the ipod mini and was sad they discontinued it and i had to get the nano. now it’s back and now i want it bad haha. oh well it’s alot cheaper then my 2gb so i hope to get it soon once bestbuy stars carrying it in store.

Posted by Aaron on September 13, 2006 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

YAY!

Nobody seems to have mentioned the new ‘album artist’ feature. At last all those bloody Common feat. Blah, Kanye West feat. Whoever, Morrissey and Siouxsie etc etc tracks can be counted as just one artist album rather than several! Excellent!!!!

Posted by Enda P on September 13, 2006 at 4:12 PM (PDT)

The only issue so far is in the Summary tab for the iPod won’t let me update or restore my 5th Generation iPod, it keeps saying it needs to be be updated but I get, “iTunes could not connect the iPod software update server because you are not connected to the internet. Make sure your connection is active and try again”. My internet is active and Apple has no problem connecting me to their store to purchase but I can’t update my iPod to Version 1.2!!! Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted by Eddy on September 13, 2006 at 9:40 PM (PDT)

Here what I found on apple website concerning gapless playback.

Gapless Playback on iPod
iPod does not support crossfade playback and only some iPod models support gapless playback. For those models that do, all files that support gapless playback are played gaplessly whether or not the “Part of a gapless album” option is checked.

Supported iPod models (make sure you have the latest iPod Software)
iPod nano (Second Generation)
Fifth Generation iPod
Fifth Generation iPod (Late 2006)

Posted by Sylvain on September 13, 2006 at 10:23 PM (PDT)

If you just bought an iPod before the new models, take it back and ask for a replacement… I’ve heard quite a few cases where this has worked (sometimes they charge a small % restocking fee).

Posted by Ed on September 14, 2006 at 6:07 AM (PDT)

I had no problem installing itunes 7 or updating by ipod. I am however having issues with the cover flow view on my itunes. All the album art has a black diagonal line through them. I tried everything with success. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Posted by Aeroglyphics on September 14, 2006 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

—ikk:

I had that same problem with uploading the game to the ipod.

What you need to do is authorize itunes to work with your ipod. When you upgrade your ipod, it’s basically a new ipod, you have to authorize your computer to work with itunes again. Click “Store” and then underneath click “Authorize computer”.

After that you will be able to play sweet games!

Posted by Jonathan on September 14, 2006 at 11:26 AM (PDT)

I would just like to start off by saying that I like and respect you guys here. This place is so much more productive than Apple’s own forums. Most of the people on there just complain and ##### about the flaws of iTunes 7. Instead of just listing what doesn’t work correctly and what does, they whine because they cannot play WoW while using iTunes and they call it a resource hog. HELLO! iTunes stopped being a simple jukebox program ages ago. Yes, it is a resource hog, because of all the stuff it can do. If they want to complain that much about it, they should just download WinAmp instead and shut the hell up. Whereas, on here, you guys state what doesn’t work, what you’d like to work better and then you focus on the positive. I definitely respect that.

Posted by Charles O. on September 15, 2006 at 4:30 PM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4