Apple: iPod game buyers, re-purchase for classic, 3G nano [updated]
iLounge has confirmed with Apple that past purchasers of iPod games will have to re-purchase the titles to play them on the recently-released iPod classic and iPod nano (with video). According to an Apple representative, the games will need to be repurchased because they were “reformatted” for the new iPods.
Reformatted iPod games currently include EA’s Tetris and Sudoku, as well as Namco Networks’ Ms. Pac-Man. An additional 15 titles are yet to be converted for play on the iPod classic and new nano. Each game sells for $4.99, and no further guarantees of compatibility with other devices, such as a computer, iPhone, or iPod touch, are made by Apple.
Updated: Each of these games has been updated to version 1.1.0, adding new user management features and in the case of Tetris, new control schemes. However, downloading the iPod nano- and iPod classic-compatible version 1.1.0 games will still result in the installation of version 1.0.0 on fifth-generation iPods. Additional screenshots and details are available in this article.
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
- Apple’s new 16GB iPod touch update: unboxing and impressions
- Apple intros new 16GB iPod touch, cuts prices on 32/64GB models
- Apple releases iOS 8 beta 2, Apple TV beta software to developers
- Unicode Standard update adds new characters, 250 new emoji
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Beyond Gravity
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Report: iPhone 6 A8 chip to reach 2GHz range
- Apple joins SupplierPay program to pay small suppliers faster
- China calls iPhone tracking a ‘national security concern’
- Apps of the Week: Capo touch, Dino Dog, Minecraft 0.9 + more
- iTunes 11.3 brings HD Extras to Mac; iTunes Extras comes to Apple TV (Update)
- iPhone 6 to feature haptic feedback?
- WSJ: TSMC shipping microprocessors to Apple
- iPhone 6 part leaks point to possible color variations
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- JBL Synchros E40BT On-Ear Headphones
- JBL Synchros E30 On-Ear Headphones
- Dog & Bone Backbone Wireless Charging Case + Pad, Battery for iPhone 5/5s
- Hisy Hisy Wireless Smartphone Camera Remote
- Kensington KeyFolio Thin X3 for iPad Air
- Braven BRV-BANK Smart Rugged Portable Power Bank
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads