Apple: iPod touch screen issues “being remedied”
Though the company has yet to issue an official statement regarding its replacement policies for defective iPod touch devices, Apple today acknowledged to The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg that “a small number of units” have defective screens, an issue that “is being remedied,” according to Mossberg. The columnist noted that “some early iPod Touch units have had defective screens, where images appeared too dark,” but said that “my two test units displayed beautiful images.” iLounge’s review, based upon two store-purchased iPod touch units, highlighted the dark screen problem as one of several affecting the new device.
Some contributors to the iLounge and Apple discussion forums have expressed dismay that Apple Stores have charged them $30 to $40 restocking fees when they’ve attempted to return iPod touch units with dark screens, and that employees have attempted to blame the problems on poor user video encoding and overly high expectations for the screens, amongst other reasons. It is unclear whether Apple will refund the restocking fees in light of the defect, and when guaranteed properly working iPod touch units will be available in stores.
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Home Sharing for Music returns in iOS 9 beta 4
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9 beta to developers
- New fingerprint scanner tech could lead to Touch ID built into iPhone display
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?