Apple issues 2.0.1 update for iPod classic (120GB) | iLounge News

Apple issues 2.0.1 update for iPod classic (120GB)

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, November 12, 2008
News Categories: iPod

Apple has released Software Version 2.0.1 for the iPod classic (120GB). According to the release notes, Software 2.0.1 adds support for Apple’s upcoming In-Ear Headphones and Earphones with Remote and Mic, and fixes a bug with saving Genius playlists, along with other minor bug fixes. Software Version 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB) is available now via the update feature in iTunes, and does not work with 80GB or 160GB iPod classic models.

« Mix: Google, Myvu, PoetrySinger, FotoTimer

Apple releases Software 1.0.3 for iPod nano 4G »

Comments

It stinks that the update won’t work on the 80/160 models. I suppose this was done to ensure continued sales of the FM radio remote.

Posted by Paul on November 12, 2008 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

still waiting on apple to offer these in other colour ranges, i mean not everyone wants the colour white apple

Posted by mikelarry85 on November 12, 2008 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

After updated the 2.0.1,I found that when classic was connected to itunes,a new recharge mark appeared next to the push botton

Posted by figgy on November 13, 2008 at 1:48 AM (PDT)

I second #1’s comments. The 80/160’s (sluggish, sluggish, sluggish) interface still needs help.

Posted by Herr Doktor on November 13, 2008 at 7:41 AM (PDT)

Yeah I found that even the 6.5 Gen (120gb) is still sluggish so its not only you. I used to have the 5.5 Gen and that thing was very fast compared to the 6.5 Gen but the 6.5 Gen loads way more. The update is good but after I installed I had problems plugging my ipod back in once I downloaded and installed 2.0.1 the iPod rebooted but iTunes would recognize I had to restart pc 2 times and hard reboot the iPod 3 times then it finally worked so watch out.

Posted by Kevin on November 13, 2008 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

How is the radio remote related to 80/160GB updates, or lack thereof?

Posted by cHRIS on November 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM (PDT)

cHRIS - the 2.0.1 update for the new classics has support for the new earphones with a built in remote control. Some of us would like to use these phones on our older classics, but are being prevented from doing so.
Perhaps to safeguard sales of the radio remote - which works on the old, but not on the new classics.

Posted by paulj69 on November 13, 2008 at 4:43 PM (PDT)

When i dowland iPod update 2.0.1 my iTunes can’t find my Ipod all files has been deleted and now can;‘t find it need help to get back my iPod classic 120Gb

Posted by fubex on January 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

And it says that iPod lost some information and can’t connetc what i need to doo???

Posted by fubex on January 5, 2009 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

please… update and fix for the iPod to TV… mine is working for 5seconds, then it will turn off then. the next thing i notice is that it says that TV ON CONNECT TO iPod bla bla bla bla. (im using the 30pin and on the other end is the AV out put.)

Posted by Gabriel on March 4, 2009 at 3:07 AM (PDT)

i recently downloaded update 2.0.1 in my ipod classic 120gb… although my computer shuts down in the middle of the update and now when i open my ipod.. it only shows the apple sign and nothing else.. can anybody help ma and tell me what to do.. thankz

Posted by kathy on April 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM (PDT)

How do I know what kind of games I can put on my iPod from iTunes? Please e-mail me your anwser

Posted by Haela on December 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

I need a software for ipod classic version 2.0.1, serial number 8m8369km2c7.  Where can i down load the software?

Posted by enrique montez on January 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM (PDT)

I need a software for ipod classic version 2.0.1,model A1238 Where can i down load the software?

Posted by emmanuel on February 24, 2010 at 1:36 AM (PDT)

yo is there a way of making an old ipod classic v2.0.1 in to a portibal harddrive apple wont let you send files over 2 gb on to them

Posted by rexy on July 9, 2010 at 2:52 AM (PDT)