Apple iWatch poll ends, iOS 7 design poll begins
With over 1200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest recent poll—“What feature would most compel you to buy an Apple iWatch?”—has now ended. With serious rumours of an Apple smart watch surfacing over the past few weeks, we asked readers to let us know what features they would find most compelling in an Apple-designed smart watch, or whether they were even interested in such a device at all.
Thirty-nine percent of respondents were generally uninterested in an Apple iWatch, split about evenly between not wanting a watch at all (19%) and not being interested specifically in a smart watch (20%). Of the respondents who would consider an iWatch, 18% were most interested in seeing notification display from their iOS devices, while 11% felt that the Apple industrial design would be compelling enough. Most of the remaining responses were split fairly evenly, with 10% looking for remote iOS device control, 9% for GPS and navigation features, and 7% for an ability to interact with Siri on their iOS devices. Lastly, 3% of readers indicated that standalone media playback would be a compelling feature, while another 3% suggested they’d want to see some other unspecified feature.
In this week’s poll, we’re wondering what you would like to see in iOS 7 from a design perspective. Do you think iOS 7 should retain the current UI and simply add new features, or do you think it’s time for Apple to revamp the design with either a simpler and flatter look or a more exciting and eye-popping design? Our latest poll “How should iOS 7 look?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new May giveaway
- Latest edition of iLounge Weekly coming Monday
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- iOS 7 design poll ends, iPhone carrier poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address