Apple launches AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone | iLounge News

Apple launches AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone

image

Apple is now offering the previously-announced AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone. The plan, which extends repair coverage of the iPhone to two years from the original purchase date, must be purchased within the phone’s standard one-year warranty period — the iPhone includes one year of hardware coverage, as well as two years of technical support. The plan covers the iPhone, iPhone Bluetooth Headset, and all included accessories, and guarantees genuine Apple replacement parts. It is not available in Alabama, Connecticut, Nevada, or Wyoming. The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone is available now for $69.

« Analyst: Reaction to iPhone activation numbers ‘silly’

GM offers Personal Audio Link iPod Adapter »

Comments

uh, i live in connecticut. why isn’t this avail. here?

Posted by sean on July 24, 2007 at 4:48 PM (CDT)

Because CT isn’t considered a yuppie state. Does CT have a bank?

Posted by jdogeaupyea on July 24, 2007 at 6:35 PM (CDT)

I’m from Connecticut as well…this is ridiculous. Why should ANY states be excluded?

So who’s to blame for THIS one?

Apple or AT&T?

Posted by knifestyles on July 24, 2007 at 7:29 PM (CDT)

huuu,.. im in sweet georgia,... im lucky ;) ..now all i gotta do is get me an IPHONE,...lol ... just a small j/k ..

but i still need a IPhone

Posted by Dennis on July 24, 2007 at 7:58 PM (CDT)

Applecare covers the cost of a replacement battery as well….. Not a bad deal.

Posted by Lee on July 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM (CDT)

Definitely Apple… at&t has nothing to do with the plan…

Posted by sara on July 24, 2007 at 9:04 PM (CDT)

I might be wrong but I think Connecticut is to blame, not Apple nor AT&T.

Posted by steve on July 24, 2007 at 10:21 PM (CDT)

Lee - “Applecare covers the cost of a replacement battery as well….. Not a bad deal.”

I didnt read the part where it says it also covers the battery.

Posted by toolarmy on July 24, 2007 at 10:24 PM (CDT)

I’m in Nevada… That makes absolutly no sense why it wouldn’t be available. AppleCare for my computers are available.

Posted by pinealoma on July 25, 2007 at 2:18 AM (CDT)

It probably has to do with some state laws and not Apple’s desires.  Why would Apple intentionally create this kind of uproar?  Steve Jobs is all about the experience of using the products and these exclusions are counter to that.

Posted by J on July 25, 2007 at 8:58 AM (CDT)

Not in stores - ONLINE only and ships in 2 weeks. So it is really not yet available….

Posted by Whitney on July 25, 2007 at 5:17 PM (CDT)

Toolarmy, check the details:  http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/app_iphone_english.pdf
The first paragraph of scope of coverage discusses battery replacement….

Posted by Lee on July 25, 2007 at 11:30 PM (CDT)

Read the fine print… You can get it if you live in CT.

. iPhone comes with up to two years of technical support during the term of your AT&T wireless contract. AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. 2. This plan extends your service coverage to two years from the date of your iPhone purchase. The plan must be purchased while your iPhone is still under its original one-year warranty. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.

With the exception of North Carolina and Wisconsin, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc. In North Carolina and Wisconsin, the company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan is Apple, Inc. For complete details see terms at http://www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appgeos.html

Posted by Ryan on July 14, 2008 at 12:22 PM (CDT)

I have an iphone nano.How much would I pay for my insurance?The phone is a little smaller than the iphone 3g…

Posted by Preston Lance on January 16, 2009 at 8:45 PM (CST)

Today I went down to AT&T store to order my new IPhone 4 and I also get the AppleCare Protection Plan for $69.99. But they also give me a Car Charger with USB Port, which sell for $29.99. with the buy of the AppleCare..so it like the Plan only cost me $40.00 or it save me $29.99 as I was going to get myself a car Charger anyway.

Posted by IRA B HERSHKOWITZ on June 15, 2010 at 10:07 PM (CDT)