Apple launches iPhone Dev Center
Apple has launched a new iPhone Dev Center providing resources and tools for developing web apps for the iPhone and iPod touch. In an email sent out to ADC (Apple Developer Connection) members, Apple described the new site: “Complete with technical documentation, sample code, and videos through ADC on iTunes, the iPhone Dev Center is your single source for information on designing, coding and optimizing web applications for iPhone and iPod touch.” In detail, the center offers Web Development Guidelines, iPhone Tech Talk Videos, Sample Code, an iPhone Reference Library, a place to register for future iPhone Tech Talks, links to grab the Safari 3 Public Beta for compatibility testing, and a place to submit your completed web application for inclusion in Apple’s web apps library. It is currently unclear whether this Dev Center will also serve native third-party iPhone developers once the official SDK is released in February. Use of the iPhone Dev Center requires an Apple ADC account; non-ADC members can sign up for a free Online Membership.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?