Apple launches iPod battery replacement in Europe
In the February issue of Macworld (UK) there is a news item about the ongoing battery replacement issue.
“Apple Europe has confirmed that it will offer Europe’s iPod owners battery replacement and AppleCare packages “soon”, following its move to do so in the US last year. Online campaigners have criticised the usable life of Apple’s music player, complaining that its battery last just 18 months. This allegation is open to question, but Apple is responding to meet its users’ needs, the company’s moves suggest.
Apple’s European PR manager Alan Hely exclusively told Macworld: “The iPod Out-of-Warranty Battery Replacement Program recently launched in the US will soon be launched in Europe. So to will AppleCare for iPod. “The move means readers who bought an iPod last Christmas can protect their music players. UK and European iPod owners will be able to use the battery replacement service “should they experience a depleted battery”.
As with any Apple Protection Plan, AppleCare for iPod will be available for iPod customers within their one-year limited warranty. This means “customers can protect their iPod by buying AppleCare for iPod at a later time when it becomes available in Europe”, Hely said. European pricing has not yet been announced. “
- Blue Raven offers “Service in a Box” iPod, iPhone repair
- Fastmac expands iPod repair program to include iPod classic, nano 3G
- Fastmac expands iPod rehab program for 2G iPod nano
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD service for iPod minis
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD repair service
- iPodJuice offers replacement batteries for 5G iPods
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apps of the Week: The Longest Journey Remastered, Facebook Groups, Dropbox 3.5.2 + Runkeeper 5.1
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0