Apple launches iTunes on Campus program | iLounge News

Apple launches iTunes on Campus program

“Give your students easy access to iTunes

Comments

I’d love to see iTunes installed on campus computers, but I’m not sure I understand the “institutional site license” for a freeware product.

Remote installation capability would be nice, though.

Hmm… :-D

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 28, 2004 at 9:31 AM (CDT)

yeah, i dont understand it either.  so they’re basically saying that the universities can now distribute iTunes for free, instead of students getting it from apple for free?  sounds like they’re trying to get some free advertising, but more people on itunes is alright with me

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 28, 2004 at 10:09 AM (CDT)

Students already have a lot to worry about, the last thing I want is for them to give their money to iTMS… be strong kids and keep Kazaa alive!!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 28, 2004 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

how noble of apple.  Giving free software to universities so the already broke kids can waste more money.  Nice.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 28, 2004 at 1:33 PM (CDT)

The announcement reads: “...materials you can use for student communications.” I suppose this is what Apple is offering.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 28, 2004 at 8:07 PM (CDT)

i think the materials for student communications are advertisements the university can use to get students to use itunes

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 29, 2004 at 12:34 AM (CDT)

Of course. I’m sure they’re not for communication in general.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 2, 2004 at 1:34 AM (CDT)