Apple lowers iPad 1 new/used prices, offers some refunds | iLounge News

Apple lowers iPad 1 new/used prices, offers some refunds

By Jesse Hollington

Social Media & Software Editor, iLounge
Published: Thursday, March 3, 2011
News Categories: Apple, iPad

Following yesterday’s announcement of the iPad 2, Apple is now selling the original first-generation iPad as refurbished for prices starting at $349 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model up to $659 for the 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G model, with new units selling at $100 reductions from their original $499 to $829 asking prices. Similar price reductions have been made in other countries as well, where the first-generation iPad is still being sold on the main Apple Store pages at reduced prices, pending the March 25th release of the iPad 2 in those countries.

Further, Electric Pig is reporting that Apple is offering refunds for customers who have purchased first-generation iPads within the past 14 days. Upon request to the company, Apple will refund the $100 price difference for customers who would prefer to keep their original iPad rather than returning it.

« Miniot debuts Cover for iPad 2, utilizes built-in magnets

Hands-on iPad 2 camera interface, Smart Cover videos posted »

Comments

$100 isn’t enough incentive to buy an iPad 1 (new) now vs. waiting a few weeks for an iPad 2. The differences in spaces, features, and capabilities between the new and old models justify a much larger price difference

Posted by Farnsworth on March 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

@Farnsworth: $100 may not be but $150 for a refurbished iPad 1 is for many people.  Just bought one for the parents.  They don’t need the higher speed processor and graphics as they don’t play games.  We already skype so the Facetime / cameras aren’t a big deal.

Posted by DJ on March 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM (PDT)

And I can vouch for refurb Apple products; they are universally awesome. I’ve owned probably a dozen different refurbs and they’ve been cosmetically and functionally the same as new products. Refurb iPads are an awesome deal!

Posted by Clint on March 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM (PDT)

Are these refurb prices for iPad 1 only good on the Apple store’s website or can I go to my local Apple store and pick this up for this lower price?

Posted by Nancy on March 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

I bought a 32 GB refurbed iPad on Feb 4th…so I fall outside the refund range, sadly. Too bad, that extra $70 would have been nice.

Still, I’m not complaining. I’m no less happy with my iPad now than I was then, and other than wishing I’d have waited two weeks to buy it so I could get that refund, I have zero regrets.

...and I’ll keep telling myself that when I see people with the new iPad…

Posted by Daniel S. on March 4, 2011 at 5:30 AM (PDT)

I’m trying to sell my iPad one right now if Anyones interested. Its 32gb with wi-fi and 3G. I paid $730.00 for it at Christmas. I’m looking for at least $530-$550. Not a scratch on it perfect condition always had a screen protector on it and in it’s case at all times. if interested I can be reach at my email address .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Shane s. on March 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM (PDT)

I am looking for a used Ipad but somewhere around $200….email me - thanks .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Lesli Ankava on April 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

I am looking for a used Ipad but somewhere around $300 or any cheeper if i can find one. Email at
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  if there is nuthing out there it is not life or death…. Smiles

Posted by Ricky Parks on May 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM (PDT)

i need i pad 1 used /re furb in pakistan.

Posted by nawaz on December 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM (PDT)