Apple making good on 40GB remote and case orders
If you ordered one of Apple’s new 40 gigabyte iPods yesterday morning, this news is for you. As reported yesterday on iLounge and further detailed in Backstage, Apple unexpectedly changed its web site mid day to drop two accessories (the iPod wired Remote and 40GB carrying case) from its official list of 40GB iPod pack-ins. The change was first reported by iLounge administrators at 12:52PM Eastern Standard Time (9:52AM Pacific).
Apple Store’s customer service is working to make things right for those who placed online orders early in the morning with the understanding that those accessories would be packed in: a polite telephone call mentioning the web site change and requesting the two missing parts can restore them to your order. However, it appears that not all customer service representatives have seen the e-mail notifying them of the web site problems. Two iLounge editors called to confirm these reports this morning; one had the problem addressed quickly after mentioning the web site change, and the other had to go through two supervisor calls before the problem was fixed.
iLounge has previously praised Apple for its outstanding online store customer service, and hopes that all affected purchasers will have trouble-free experiences in getting all the items that they ordered. If you’re an affected 40GB iPod purchaser and have contacted Apple, please post your experiences in the comments thread below.
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 4, tvOS 9.1 beta 3
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases first iOS 9.2 beta to developers
- iOS 9.1 adds multi-device Wi-Fi calling for Sprint customers
- Apple’s Eddy Cue shares his hopes for Apple News
- Report: Apple testing dual front cameras, wireless charging, and more in iPhone 7 prototypes
- Apple expands Personal Pickup to 6 more EU countries
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- House of Marley Chant Sport Portable Audio System
- Grid Connect ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- iDevices Switch HomeKit and Wi-Fi enabled plug
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?