Apple making good on 40GB remote and case orders | iLounge News

Apple making good on 40GB remote and case orders

If you ordered one of Apple’s new 40 gigabyte iPods yesterday morning, this news is for you. As reported yesterday on iLounge and further detailed in Backstage, Apple unexpectedly changed its web site mid day to drop two accessories (the iPod wired Remote and 40GB carrying case) from its official list of 40GB iPod pack-ins. The change was first reported by iLounge administrators at 12:52PM Eastern Standard Time (9:52AM Pacific).

Apple Store’s customer service is working to make things right for those who placed online orders early in the morning with the understanding that those accessories would be packed in: a polite telephone call mentioning the web site change and requesting the two missing parts can restore them to your order. However, it appears that not all customer service representatives have seen the e-mail notifying them of the web site problems. Two iLounge editors called to confirm these reports this morning; one had the problem addressed quickly after mentioning the web site change, and the other had to go through two supervisor calls before the problem was fixed.

iLounge has previously praised Apple for its outstanding online store customer service, and hopes that all affected purchasers will have trouble-free experiences in getting all the items that they ordered. If you’re an affected 40GB iPod purchaser and have contacted Apple, please post your experiences in the comments thread below.

« Reader report: 4G iPod and photos

Apple: 4G iPods shipping online, perhaps at retail »

Comments

Thank you.

As a Monday a.m. 4G40 buyer in Canada, I saved $98. and 15 % taxes because of this site and your advice.

However, I wonder how much longer it’s going to take Canadians to receive their stock of 4Gs. I was slated for shipping by yesterday but that’s been pushed back by Apple Canada to the 27th.

Posted by raincoast in Nanaimo BC on July 22, 2004 at 9:07 PM (CDT)

There’s my answer. Shipped Shanghai 11 p.m. Thursday night PST.

Posted by raincoast in Nanaimo BC on July 23, 2004 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

A simple phont call and all was taken care of with no hassle and a pleasant voice. Order wasplaced on 07/19/2004 at 09:13 PM PST—was shipped this afternoon (had it engraved)

Posted by Jon on July 23, 2004 at 12:04 PM (CDT)

My request was not accepted by apple germany. They say, it was apple americas fault and not theirs. They canĀ“t give me the remote and the carrying case…
I wrote 2 emails and called in. Everything negative.
I ordered at 1:37GMT.

Posted by Reinhard on July 26, 2004 at 12:59 PM (CDT)

After ordering mine at 9:00 EDT on Monday, I called Apple after receiving it on Thursday. They customer service guy was very nice and after verifying what time on Monday that I had placed the order, he placed orders for the case and remote.

I received both Monday - only 2 business days after receiving the iPod.

Considering the state of customer service in most other companies that I deal with, I was very impressed with Apple’s handling of the situation.

Posted by CraigL on July 28, 2004 at 6:15 AM (CDT)

Just called Apple.  Gave me both items no hassle.  I ordered at 9:40 AM on 7/19.  Excellent service!!

Posted by Matt W on July 28, 2004 at 2:58 PM (CDT)

When I first looked at the Apple site on the 19th in the A.M., I saw that the remote and case were included.  When I went back the evening of the 19th to order, I did not bother to confirm that the items were still there or not and ordered my iPod.  What a shock when it arrived without them.  When I called Apple about it, they asked if I had a screenshot showing the items.  Of course I didn’t!  I trusted them not to change mid-stream.  The rep told me they no longer included these items and that is why the iPod is so much less expensive.  I did not go the supervisor route, but I will call back and try again.  A screenshot…why in the heck would I take a screenshot (unless the company is disreputable and I thought I needed proof!)?

Posted by Dale B on July 29, 2004 at 8:35 AM (CDT)

Shanghai 4G40 and the two “free’ Apple extras now in hand. All are A+.

Posted by raincoast in Nanaimo BC on July 29, 2004 at 4:01 PM (CDT)

I have had an unreal experience.  I purchased mine early monday am, the 19th.  I have written apple, called apple (and hung up after a 30 min hold time).  I get nothing from them.  This is frustrating to say the least.  I have written their Legal department, customer service and marketing.  If they don’t correct this issue, I’ll just take it to the FTC and California Better Business Bureau.  This does not bode well for how they’ll handle the headphone static issue….

Posted by TGS on August 4, 2004 at 12:31 PM (CDT)

I currently changed my computer due to defect. My music library was on the computer. Can I downlload the music from my ipod to the new Library?If so How? can someone help me.

Thanks, Reggie

Posted by Reggie Williams on October 16, 2004 at 11:44 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3