Apple offering tablet phone, ‘iPhone lite’ to Verizon?
Apple is working on two new iPhone-like devices which may be offered by Verizon Wireless, according to a new report. Citing two people “familiar with the matter,” BusinessWeek reports that one of the devices is a smaller, less expensive calling device described by one of the sources as an “iPhone lite,” while the other device is a touchscreen media pad that would allow users to listen to music, watch high definition video, view photos, and make calls via a Wi-Fi connection. According to the report, one of the devices may be introduced as early as this summer. Verizon Wireless CEO Lowell McAdam recently confirmed talks with Apple, telling BusinessWeek that “In the last six months, I have talked to Steve Jobs;” however, it is unclear whether Apple’s current exclusivity contract with AT&T would block the introduction of a new iPhone model on a competing carrier, and whether the information was leaked to provide leverage for ongoing future exclusivity negotiations between Apple and AT&T. USA Today recently reported that Verizon and Apple were discussing the development of a CDMA-based iPhone for introduction next year.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?