Apple offers deep discounts on iTunes movie, TV bundles | iLounge News

Apple offers deep discounts on iTunes movie, TV bundles

Apple is now offering a sale on iTunes movie and TV bundles, featuring some surprisingly deep discounts. For example, the entire eight-film Harry Potter collection is being sold for $10 in SD or HD, and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is being offered for the same price. The Godfather Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, and a 10-film Star Trek collection are also offered, among many other bundles. Some discounted bundles have appeared in the TV show section as well, including The Sopranos Seasons 1-3 and 4-6 for $45 each—notably down from $125 total before, but up from $40 per bundle several days ago—and a Fan Favorites collection from Star Trek: The Original Series for $10.

Update: Some of the bundle prices were changed early in the sale — the Harry Potter collection went from $10 to $60, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy changed to $18, and some other prices changed, as well. Though some of those early prices were likely accidental, some buyers did get bundles for those low initial prices.

« Former Board member Ellison predicts Apple’s decline

Apple to unveil new iPad and mini before year’s end »

Comments

This promotion doesn’t seem to be going on anymore. I checked my phone, and these prices are not reflected there.

Cheers,
Aaron

Posted by Aaron on August 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM (PDT)

I also cannot seem to find the $10 iTunes movies. They ar all at regular prices.

Posted by Chris on August 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM (PDT)

Weird. It worked for me once. I was going to buy the Harry Potter bundle so that I could have it on digital for the kiddos…

Then for whatever reason I closed iTunes, now when I click the link they’re all $59.95 again… Now, when I click the link yet again, the bundle is $9.99 again!

Unfortunately when I try to buy it I get:
Purchase of this item is not currently available.
This item is being modified. Please try again later.

Posted by John on August 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM (PDT)

I went shopping and decided on the Harry Potter bundle. I tried to buy it and it timed out. I tried again and it said it was being updated. I tried one more time and the price was at $59.95.

Posted by Billy on August 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM (PDT)

Yeah.  I saw the same thing.  This thing seems to have been an hour sale or some foolishness like that.

Posted by DadzBoyz on August 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM (PDT)

FEH! Not one of the bundles is worth the prices they are ACTUALLY charging.

Sorry to miss this one, if it was real.

Posted by rebo on August 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM (PDT)

It was real! I was lucky enough to snag the harry potter movies for $9.99 before the price went up! Glad I jumped on it while it lasted!!

Posted by Graham Lutz on August 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM (PDT)