Apple offers free Battlestar Galactica, SNL videos on iTunes | iLounge News

Apple offers free Battlestar Galactica, SNL videos on iTunes

Apple has posted two free video downloads on the iTunes Music Store—“Sci Fi Inside: Battlestar Galactica” (21:03) and “Saturday Night Live: Lazy Sunday” (2:31).

“As it prepares for a new season, take a behind-the-scenes look at the life on board the Battlestar Galactica. Watch exclusive interviews with the people at the heart of one of television’s most acclaimed shows,” says Apple. “Get up to speed with the crew’s adventures so far in this free episode, and get a sneak peek at some of the upcoming action in the new season, premiering Jan. 6, 2006.”

In the Saturday Night Live clip, “Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell rap about their ‘Lazy Sunday’ which includes going to see the move ‘CHRONIC..(WHAT?)..CLES’ OF NARNIA and buying cupcakes.”

« Welcome, new iPod owners!

VP Cheney’s iPod takes precedence on flight »

Comments

Haha, that Narnia rap was awesome, Chris Parnell know how to drop some rhymes.

Posted by robototobor on December 23, 2005 at 1:06 PM (CST)

Not in the Uk they dont…..

Posted by tecstar on December 23, 2005 at 5:30 PM (CST)

Don’t blame Apple for not providing the video in the UK.  Blame the content providers for not giving Apple the right to distribute them elsewhere.

Posted by Cameron T. on December 23, 2005 at 11:06 PM (CST)

hahah the narnia rap was so funny!

Posted by chris on December 24, 2005 at 11:22 AM (CST)

only for US resident…. (T_T) boo hoo

Posted by Shime ชิม ชิม on December 25, 2005 at 3:44 AM (CST)

Too bad Lazy Sunday can’t be copied to the iPod!  Damn NBC!

Posted by dave on December 25, 2005 at 11:12 AM (CST)

umm it can too.

Posted by crumbete on December 25, 2005 at 6:43 PM (CST)

I love that Narnia rap… Andy Samberg is amazing. If you liked that, check out thelonelyisland.com

“Ka-Blammo!”

Posted by AnthonyJason on December 26, 2005 at 9:06 AM (CST)

So what is the trick to get it copied to the iPod? It is sitting in my iTunes and when I sync up, it never gets copied over to the iPod. There is no ‘TV SHOWS’ category on the iPod, I even created a playlist and it doesn’t show up in there. Additionally, my iTunes shows XX2 files in my library, but my iPod only shows XX1 files.

So something is jacked with the file…

Posted by dave on December 26, 2005 at 9:17 AM (CST)

dave, i think know what your problem is…you might not have the latest version of itunes and if you do, uninstall it and then reinstall or you are not allowing the ipod to receieve video files, which you can change in your “Preferences.”  let me know if any of this worked/helped.

Posted by brian on December 26, 2005 at 8:25 PM (CST)

I do have the latest version of iTunes.  I played around some more and found that if I set my iPod options to MANUALLY update, I can drag the file to my iPod and then it does show up under a newly TV SHOWS category on the device.

But as soon as I switch my iPod options back to automatic update, it syncs and then the TV SHOWS category and Lazy Sunday video both vanish.

This is frustrating because other videos I’ve made on my own transfer over just fine.

Posted by dave on December 27, 2005 at 9:49 AM (CST)

Dave, the iPod is probably programmed for watching TV shows as TV shows, meaning you only would watch an episode once. As soon as you’re “done” watching, and resync, the shows disappear.

Posted by minty on December 27, 2005 at 12:13 PM (CST)

No, it is not that minty.  Something weird is going on.

Posted by dave on December 27, 2005 at 4:05 PM (CST)