Apple offers iPod shuffle custom engraving | iLounge News

Apple offers iPod shuffle custom engraving

imageThe online Apple Store has begun offering free personalized engraving on the iPod shuffle. Unlike the full-size iPod and iPod nano, the laser-engraved text is printed on the side of the shuffle and has a one line, 40 character limit. “Engraving is simple,” explains Apple. “First, choose the iPod, iPod nano or iPod shuffle you want. When you put iPod into your Apple Store shopping cart, you’ll be asked whether you want a personalized engraving. Just enter your text and see what it looks like. Since it’s free, why not do it?”

« Mix: EarphoneSolutions.com, 10 million nanos, ROKR commercial

iPodulator lets you create iPod-compatible reading »

Comments

This is interesting to me because I’m from Singapore and our online Apple store has been offering free engraving for since forever. I got it for my 4g iPod last year, and I got it again more than a year later for my nano.

Posted by Zen on September 27, 2005 at 12:12 PM (CDT)

the engraving is new for the ipod shuffle, but not for the ipods with a chrome backing

Posted by Eric on September 27, 2005 at 12:48 PM (CDT)

well a reason not to do it is you lose alot of your warranty with engraved ipods. i ordered a photo engraved, and the warranty is changed so if you open the box you cant return it.

Posted by digitalfrenchfry on September 27, 2005 at 2:26 PM (CDT)

you still get 1 year warranty with engraved ipods.
nothing will change.
warranty policy is different with return policy.

Posted by iJay on September 27, 2005 at 3:38 PM (CDT)

..because it lowers the resale value by at least 20%.

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on September 27, 2005 at 3:50 PM (CDT)

its a scam so you struggle to resell it and they sell more..poo poo

Posted by sarah glennie on September 29, 2005 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

i don’t think it is! mine remind’s me of well, my name! :) it’s worth the money! :)

Posted by Eljacko on January 5, 2006 at 5:00 PM (CST)

P.S. rock on dude’s!, wait, you are a boy, right? ):) :)

Posted by Eljacko on January 5, 2006 at 5:01 PM (CST)

i hope my iPod shuffle will live a long and happy life! :(

Posted by Eljacko on January 5, 2006 at 5:02 PM (CST)

um, if nowon is responding, than i mite as well leave! :(

Posted by Eljacko on January 5, 2006 at 5:04 PM (CST)

I work for a company that sells laser engraving system (this is not a plug), but I bought an ipod shuffle for my mom back around mothers day, and the engraving I did for her rocks. She loves it.

Check out the photos at:

Later,

ben

Posted by Ben Sieber on June 28, 2007 at 11:02 AM (CDT)