Apple offers King Kong trailer in iPod format | iLounge News

Apple offers King Kong trailer in iPod format

imageApple has released the first official movie trailer formatted for the fifth-generation iPod. Several iLoungers note that Apple is now offering the theatrical trailer for Peter Jackson’s “King Kong” in iPod video format alongside small, medium, full-screen, and high definition versions. The free video weighs in at 12.2 MB. “King Kong” hits theaters on December 14th.

« TechRestore launches new iPod battery upgrade service

Forums: Video FFWD bug, Compatible Gear, Linux - Final Call, iLounge Frappr »

Comments

I have been to the apple shop in bham, uk. There they had a wide range of trailers on the ipods including harry potter.

Posted by Moaty on November 7, 2005 at 1:19 AM (CST)

Releasing these things for the iPod is a no-brainer. It turns every download into a mobile marketing campaign for your movie.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on November 7, 2005 at 6:58 AM (CST)

Personally I think this idea is absolutely great.We downloaded the clip and its fantastic,(different from the clip we saw as a trailer at the cinema).This is the way ahead - the more commercial choice there is, the better, especially since this was free. No one forces people to dowload the stuff.  Don’t forget Brits like us over the “pond” pay sterling pound prices for virtually everything our stateside cousins pay dollars for i.e £1.89 for each video download.Don;‘t get me started on the prices of iPods.

Posted by Triggg on November 7, 2005 at 8:11 AM (CST)

hey trigg, your minimum wage is also like 12 pounds an hour.  thats about 20$ american. ours is 5.15$.

Posted by bolerba on November 7, 2005 at 9:46 AM (CST)

Don’t talk BS bolerba our minimum wage has just been raised, what to?, £5.05!. That’s a whopping $8.80. Your itunes songs work out as 55p, ours are 79p, I don’t go near them at that price.

Posted by Cloysterpeteuk on November 7, 2005 at 10:34 AM (CST)

“The free video weighs in at 12.2 MB”

“the more commercial choice there is, the better, especially since this was free. No one forces people to dowload the stuff”

Well, it should be free, it’s an advertisement to get you to pay for the actual movie. Why would they charge you to see the ad? Why are you guys all excited that it didn’t cost you anything to see it? Would you pay for a beer comercial?

It reminds me of Budwiser and how they didn’t want websites hosting video files of their ads. It’s free advertising! People are so stupid.

Posted by skw on November 7, 2005 at 10:42 AM (CST)

So… King Kong Trailer on my iMac in 720p with nice subwoofer… King Kong Trailer on my iPod… such a hard choice! *g*

Na, in fact think movietrailers is *the* portable video application for as long as we still have to leave the house in order to rent a movie. Fill up the iPod with a preselection, meed your friends at the video shack, look at the trailers together and make up your mind about what to rent. Perfect. This is exactly what I keep so many trailers for, now give me a bigger harddrive so it doesn’t steal away too much music. Of course this also works for the movies, if there are people leaving the house not knowing what they want to see.

Posted by Bad Beaver on November 7, 2005 at 11:55 AM (CST)

well when i was over there i heard people were making alot more than that in germany minimum wage is like 12 euros

Posted by bolerba on November 7, 2005 at 12:20 PM (CST)

skw
The point is here and I w i l l p r i n t this s l o w l y - choice. No I wouldn’t download a beer commercial, I don’t go to the cinema to see a commercial- however I am partial to going to the flicks, and anything that allows me to see a trailer of what I might expect is rather good in my book.Some people have a completely distorted view of the British economy and our minimum wage, maybe they have been watching too many beer commercials.
As you pointed out, people are so stupid!

Posted by Triggg on November 7, 2005 at 12:35 PM (CST)

I am pretty impressed.  I hope this is adopted into iTunes almost like podcasting, subscribe to new trailers… Select All….  But, now widescreen isn’t so cool anymore. Give me 4:3 Back.

Posted by Andrew on November 7, 2005 at 2:19 PM (CST)

“Subscribe to new trailers” would be awesome, Andrew. . .

Also it would be cool if they separated trailers into genres and they had an archive of past movie trailers; you could just download all of the trailers for that genre. . .

Posted by JoshSpazJosh on November 7, 2005 at 3:11 PM (CST)

did anybody actually watch this on their ipod?  the video quality is awful, and at the end when it says “king kong” across the screen the ends of the letters are cut off.  it seems like they didn’t even bother to watch it before releasing it.

Posted by chris on November 8, 2005 at 1:24 AM (CST)

chris
On the contrary, everyone that has seen this on our video pod have remarked about the staggering quality (their words), of the video , I have to agree its amazing for such a small picture. You may need to download it again, the ends of the letters are not cut off. Have you been watching it with the widescreen function set to off ? I haven’t tried this but it may be the issue, ( though should not affect the picture quality on your ipod which is worrying )

Posted by Triggg on November 8, 2005 at 3:58 AM (CST)

Does anybody know the song to that King Kong commercial? not the trailer…but where it shows her in King Kongs hands…..uughh i love it and i just dont know it!!!! please help

Posted by Johanna on December 11, 2005 at 1:25 PM (CST)

my ipod not getting fomat my any simple way plz tell me any soft ware to format it and also tell me form which site i can download it

Posted by mani on June 25, 2007 at 1:25 AM (CDT)