Apple offers special pricing on refurb 8, 16GB iPod touch | iLounge News

Apple offers special pricing on refurb 8, 16GB iPod touch

Apple is currently offering special pricing on certified refurbished 8GB and 16GB iPod touch units. Listed as having the current software release, the refurbished 8GB model, which previously sold for $249, is now being offered for $199, while refurbished 16GB models are now priced at $299. Refurbished 32GB units sell for $429.

« iSuppli estimates materials cost of $174 for iPhone 3G [updated]

Strong euro ends need for iTunes UK price cuts »

Comments

Crap, I just purchased an 8GB refurbished iPod Touch from Apple Store Online for 249.  Do you think they’ll either give me a 50 dollar refund or return it for a full refund to buy another refurbished iPod Touch at the new prices?

Thanks,
Adam

Posted by twinsbb17 on July 16, 2008 at 11:46 AM (CDT)

Good news, I just got off the phone with Apple Support and about 3 minutes later, the wonderful gentleman on the other end credited 50 dollars back to my credit card.  I was tempted to return the 8GB and buy the 16GB for 50 dollars more but thought $200 is pretty cheap for an iPod touch that looks and feels just like she’s brand new.

Posted by twinsbb17 on July 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM (CDT)

Glad to hear it worked out for you.  Apple is usually really good about maintaining customer satisfaction.

Posted by Rob on July 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM (CDT)

It’s been on the site for a while. It’s very tempting, though I think I will hold out until even higher capacity touches are announced.

Posted by cxc273 on July 16, 2008 at 2:21 PM (CDT)

I wonder when will the new iPod Touch be out. I am itching to buy one but not if there will be an update soon.

Posted by DaveWorld on July 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM (CDT)

twinsbb17,

I also just bought one for my son’s upcoming birthday. Just called Apple and got a $50 refund with no hassles!

Posted by Railrider on July 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM (CDT)

Does this point to a price drop or an upcoming update for the iPod touch?

Posted by Swimasb on July 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM (CDT)

This now makes it even to iPhone prices

thats pretty good

Now we just wait for a $50 dollar price drop and we are set

iPod Touch at 199 makes an amazing game device

Posted by Eric Lewis on July 17, 2008 at 3:04 PM (CDT)

as soon as the price of the 32gb drops I’ll buy one

Posted by Andrew Horn on July 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM (CDT)

i what to get the first iphone how much is it please let me know

Posted by Mohamud Adeys on September 5, 2008 at 12:04 PM (CDT)